Revealed

"Mom? Who's this? Care to explain?" Zoe looked at the framed photo her twin daughter was holding, eyes widening. "From left to right, it's me, Marcus, Susie, Gaby, Pin, Becky, Jade and Mia. We rode for Bright Field Stables. That was a long time ago, Charlie and Freya." She told them. "Can we go there?" Charlie asked. She sighed, relenting. "Pack your things. We leave in two hours." Rushing off, her twins speedily pack, Zoe doing the same.

Two hours later.

After having boarded the ferry to the island, the three sat down. All too soon they arrived, Maggie waiting to collect her grandchildren. "I'm off to the stable. Bye." Zoe headed away, knowing where to go. Her feet carried their owner to familiar surrounds.

On the island, cliff-side.

"She's not coming back, P. Let's go." Marcus led him away. "I'm going to the old stable. Be back soon." Mounting his horse, Marcus quickly arrives at his old stomping grounds, noticing a shadow in the courtyard's center. He freezes, watching the person move about.

Walking into the light, Marcus's eyes widen when he recognises the person. "Zoe? You're here?" She smiles brightly, happy to see him. "Long time no see, Marcus." He shakes his head. "Everyone's missed you. Let's go." He leads her to an extremely familiar horse, Zoe gasping. "He's still alive?" She mounts her old horse, rubbing Raven's shoulder. "I can't explain it, but he never aged away from you. Come on." They gallop to the new stable, Marcus hiding her from sight.

Reaching the stable, he rounds the corner, voice ringing out. "Pin, follow me." Meanwhile, Zoe put her half ghost powers into play, cloaked in shadow. "You can come out now." Marcus called. Slowly, Zoe stepped into the light, gradually lifting her head to meet her old flame's gaze.

His eyes widened, stunned. They stand there, silent. Then Zoe runs past him, into the courtyard, where everyone was standing. "I'm back!!!" She hollered, Gaby, Susie, Mia, Becky and Jade swarming her in a hug.

The women start chattering excitedly, but Zoe returns to her beloved's side. "I have a surprise for you." She leads him to her mother's home, Pin curious. She disappears inside, re-emerging a few seconds later with two teens.

The boy looked like his mother, but his sister didn't. She was the spitting image of her father. "Pin, meet our twins, Charlie Hunter and Freya Madison Phillips. Kids, this is your father. Go meet." Zoe returned to the stable, exhausted. Gaby, Susie, Mia, Jade, Becky and Marcus were waiting for her, wanting answers.

"Why did you leave all those years ago?" Becky asked. Zoe sighed, taking a deep breath. "I was newly pregnant with twins when I left. This was no place for children, so I went home, intending to raise them single-handedly." Her explanation shocked everyone. "Who's the father?" Marcus said, somehow already knowing the answer. "Pin. He's their father. Before I took off, we had one night together. No protection. I was overjoyed when the doctor told me I carried twins. Fifteen years of Charlie Hunter and Freya Madison not aware of their father's existence hurt, but a mother's love is fierce."

Two days later.

Pin and Zoe were alone at last, finally able to catch up after fifteen long years. "Why'd you leave?" He asked. "I did it to give our children the best chance in life. Freya and Charlie missed out on having you in their lives, but we're here now. Bond all you want." She heads back to the stables, leaving the three to follow her.

Two hours passed before they were alone once more. "We have fifteen years of separation to put behind us..." Her sultrily seductive voice purred. He gulped, looking away. Closing his eyes, he felt a pooling heat deep within. He wanted to claim her, but they were in public, eyes on them.