-30-

Happy Valentine's Day!❤️

Can we get 100 votes and 100 comments on a chapter? Could be this one, could be all of them,doesn't matter to me, I just wanna know if y'all really like this book!

And ahh we're finally at chapter 30!

Two weeks later : Mid January

"What happened that day?" Mikey furrowed his eyebrows as he sat across from Malika.

It had been two weeks since her follow up appointment with Dr. Stewart and she was just now telling him what they had discussed.

Mikey asked multiple times over the course of the two weeks that had passed, but he decided to leave it alone when he saw how difficult it was for her to speak about it.

He wasn't able to attend the appointment because of an away game and that made things harder for her since she was alone.

"She gave me all the papers and stuff first, so I immediately started reading over them,"

"Okay..."

"I only understood some of the medical terms, so she broke down the ones that I didn't know,"

Malika wiped a tear from her eye as her doctors appointment replayed in her mind.

"What's wrong with the baby, what did she say?"

Flashback

"The first two pages are just confirmation that the tests were authorized and whatnot. Flip to the third one please," Dr. Stewart instructed.

Quickly wheeling over her backless stool, she took a seat in front of her patient ready to discuss the results.

"Have you been taking any medicine or doing any recreational drugs during your pregnancy ?"

"No," Malika was suddenly confused at the question.

"In all of the tests I ran I didn't find anything. After running a blood test two times, I found that there were traces of cocaine in your system?"

"What? I'm not a drug addict, why would you even-"

"Mrs. Williams the test results are right there. Now if you want, I can run another blood test but-"