Chapter 1: First Outing

Bakugo POV

          I marched out of the gate with my squad behind me. I heard the sound of Aizawa closing the gate behind us. I gripped my bat, pulling it off my back. I looked at the others. Dunce Face had a katana, Raccoon Eyes had an assault rifle, Soy Sauce had a shotgun, and Shitty Hair had a bat as well. We have guns but they aren't as effective as blunt force weapons unless youre very accurate, so most of us stick to bats and the like, but as much as I hate to admit it, Raccoon Eyes and Dunce Face aren't half bad with a gun. We all walked forwards, keeping our steps as quiet as possible, weapons at the ready. There's an old shopping block not far from here but we've completely looted it already. That means we have to go farther. If we're lucky we'll run into some undeads so I can blow off some fucking steam.

         We carried on in silence, looking around wearily, prepared for hordes of undead to be upon us in seconds. It was strange, I'd never seen the outside so... Empty. Usually it's teeming with them, making outside ventures nearly a suicide mission. This time, we hadn't run across a single one. It should be a relief so we can get supplies and go, but I can't help but be annoyed that I'm not crushing skulls right now. I tightened my grip on my bat. I can't wait to crush those damn bones. Those undead fucks deserve every ounce of what's coming. They forced us into hiding. They forced us to retreat, give up our lives and homes, and I'm here for vengeance. I violently shook my head. I'm here for food and supplies, nothing else. I have to keep my head clear. I looked at my squad. They looked nervous. Damn extras.

          "Calm down." I said bluntly. "We're almost at the shops and there's no undeads out."

          "What if they're all waiting for us there?" Raccoon Eyes asked nervously.

           "They're way too dumb for that. Kind of like you." I responded. Raccoon Eyes looked somewhat offended but didn't respond further. The other three didn't pipe up either, very uncharacteristic of them. Those idiots need to learn to steel their damn nerves. Just then, I heard a rustling a few meters away, followed by a low groan. I whipped my head around and saw a group of undeads making their way out of the brush towards us. I grinned. Perfect.

           I lunged forwards, swinging my embellished bat at the one closest to me, and heard a satisfying crunch as it fell to the ground with a splash of blood. My squad rushed up to me, backing me up. I scoffed. I can handle a small group on my own just fine. Soy Sauce shot one with his shotgun right between the eyes, as another drew close to him. Raccoon Eyes popped a few shots into that one, not hitting any vitals, and the zombie continued forwards, Soy Sauce hurriedly trying to load his gun as Raccoon Eyes reloaded her gun. I lunged forwards, kneeing the undead with my armored kneepad. It staggered backwards and I clubbed it in the head with my bat. I whipped around

          "DAMMIT SOY SAUCE ARE YOU TRYING TO GET KILLED?" He didn't respond, only kept struggling with his gun, sweat dropping from his face. Shitty Hair was taking on two undeads next to us, and Raccoon Eyes was shooting at the ones farther behind us. "Oi Soy Sauce hurry up and load the damn thing." I said to the boy who was still struggling with his weapon.

          "I can't, it's stuck!" He cried out in panic. Shit. I can't even go try to help him. I can't put down my bat or I'm a goner.

          "DAMMIT SOY SAUCE THIS IS WHY YOU DONT RELY ON A GUN!" I yelled. Shit, we'll have to cover him now. We have a deadleg. Great. "JUST STAY BEHIND ME." I told him, charging forewards to take out an undead. I swung my bat, not hitting hard enough. It continued forewards, grabbing my arm. I shook it off agressively, before bashing my bat down over the top of it's head. It fell to the ground with a crunch, and I looked over my shoulder. Raccoon Eyes was covering Soy Sauce, who was still frantically trying to load his shotgun. Dunce Face was cutting off the heads of undeads next to me. I glanced at Shitty Hair. Shit. He was being overtaken.

          I rushed towards him, kicking the nearest undead with all my might, before clobbering it over the head. Kirishima fought against the undead, but they had grabbed his arms and were trying to bite him. Luckily, he was covered up head to toe but they were starting to tear his clothes.

          "DIE!" I yelled at the undead, hitting my bat into the horde, taking out two of them. Shit shit shit shit I don't have enough time. "DUNCE FACE, BACKUP!" I yelled. The electric blonde snapped to attention, running forewards to help us. He swung his katana at an undead, taking it's head off in one fell swoop. I swung at another, watching it fall to the ground with a spatter of blood. Kirishima was starting to falter, his struggles growing weaker and weaker. Dunce Face and I kept swinging at the undead, trying everything we could do to keep them off of the redhead.

          Finally, I took out the final undead. Kirishima fell to the ground and went unresponsive. I quickly checked for a pulse. He was alive still. I checked his exposed skin for bites. It was brutal and inhumane, sure, but if he was bitten we'd have no choice but to leave him behind. His skin was fine, no bites. A handful of scratches and bruises, sure, but he'd live. But now we have an issue. There's five of us. One has no weapon, and one is unconscious. While we carry supplies, someone has to keep a weapon up to fend off the undead just long enough for us to run. So if Soy Sauce carries Shitty Hair, and Raccoon Eyes fends off the undead, that means only me and Dunce Face can carry supplies. This will be hard.

          "Soy Sauce, you carry Shitty Hair." I ordered. He complied, lifting the unconscious boy up. "Let's go, fast as we can." The others nodded, and we began to head for the shops within our sight at a slight run, still trying to keep our steps light.

          We arrived at the old shops, avoiding any undead we saw. We entered the main shop. We'd normally get medical supplies as well as food but we don't have enough arms for that. Food is the bottom line necessity. We quickly went through the aisles, staying together. We aren't stupid enough to split up. We found cans of beans and bags of dried meat. Perfect. We took all the food we could carry, which wasn't as much as I'd like, though we did have backpacks that helped us take more, but normally we'd have four people carry things, not two.

          Once we were all loaded up with goods, we set off once more, hoping for easy passage back to UA. We once again tried to move quickly, but were not particularly fast considering we had to carry loads of food and an unconscious Kirishima. All of a sudden, I saw three undeads step out into our path.

          "Raccoon Eyes!" I called to her. She understood, aiming her rifle and shooting a round into them, taking out all three with ease. We continued marching onwards, keeping the tall building of UA in our sights.

         Soon enough, we were nearly at the gate of UA. I could tell we were all relieved to be withing sight of the fence, though I'd never admit to it. Normally I quite enjoy being outside the shelter, crushing skulls, blowing off steam, but it's a bit different when two of your teammates have been rendered completely useless and one is on the fucking verge of death. Damn extras trying to get themselves killed. I kept my grip on the cans and bags I held as we marched onwards, up the last stretch of the hill.

           We reached the fence, and I called out to the man operating it from the inside.

          "Aizawa!" I yelled. "We're back. Open the fucking gate." After a brief moment, the gates began to open with a low grinding noise. We stepped into the gates, and they started to close back up behind us. We walked into the building, and Soy Sauce set Shitty Hair down on the couch, and then ran off, presumably to go get help for the unconscious boy.

          Dunce Face and I went into the cafeteria to hand over the food we were able to scrounge up. I couldn't help but feel pretty shitty. That mission was such a fucking bust. We should've gotten more. We should've taken more food, we should've gotten medical supplies. Damn it, I'm going to yell at Soy Sauce and Shitty Hair SO MUCH once we're done with everything.

          After we had handed in what we had picked up, we went to go change back into our regular clothing.

          When I was back in my casual clothing I went and laid down on a couch. I was absolutely exhausted from all that. I looked to see Raccoon Eyes and Dunce Face completely passed out on another couch in front of me. Sleep doesn't sound so bad right about now. I laid my head back and closed my eyes, letting sleep overtake me.

____________________

Wow I'm aktually writing an awful lot today thats a first lol
Anyways this thing exists now apparently
Ok i have nothing else to say so goodbye you attraktive raw kabbages
:)