Chapter 1

When did you start? Comment here ➡️

Emilia's POV

I was sitting in the backseat of the car as my parents drove me to my new life: College. I looked out the window feeling the breeze flowing through my hair.

(Something about the view?)

I thought to myself, 'I need to find him'. I look down at my hands which were resting on my lap and stared for a while before turning my left hand around. I looked at my wrist, the mark looking like a newly inked tattoo even though I've had it since birth.

A small Saturn, moon and star, surrounded by smaller stars. It was cute, but the truth behind it wasn't. Sometimes I wondered if it was more of a curse than a blessing.

'I really love stargazing, maybe that's why my mark looks like this, but what about him? Does he love it too?'

'I really love stargazing, maybe that's why my mark looks like this, but what about him? Does he love it too?' . I looked at it once more before pulling my sleeve down covering it.

'Atleast for my parents, I have to find him ', I thought while looking over at them. They were bickering over something stupid again. This time it was who I loved more among them.

My mom suddenly turned around and asked me, "You tell him, Lia. You love me more than this idiot right?". She looked at me and made a puppy dog eyes so that I won't be able to say no.

I opened my mouth to say something when my dad cut in. "Yeah right, she always wanted me to pick her up when she was little, so she loves me more. Isn't it honey?"

"That's because you were taller!", my mom argued.

They kept in bickering, my mom turning back every now and then asking me to back her up, and my dad kept his eyes straight in the road not wanting to cause an accident.

I chuckled at their childish behaviour and scooted to the front. I placed a kiss on both their cheeks. "I love both of you very much, so stop arguing over silly things." They both looked at each other and smiled.

"Oh honey, I almost forgot. Which club are you planning to join?", my mom asked.

"I was thinking of trying out for swimming, maybe."

"Why 'maybe'?"

"Mom, you know why!"

To be honest, I'm kind of an introvert and don't like it when there is too much attention on me, so I was a bit skeptical. They both encouraged me and said I should definitely try out.

"Lia honey, you're amazing swimmer. You should definitely try out. It's gonna be just fine, trust me."

"Yeah, and if they pick on you, give me a call. I've got your back, sweetie. They'll never even look at you after that.", said my dad with a glint of mischief in his eyes and a smirk on his lips.

A memory popped in my head. It was when I first entered elementary school. A boy in my class used to pick on me and one day, I went home crying. The very next day, my dad came to school and scared him and his friends. He never bullied me again. It was a happy memory and thinking about it made me smile.

After a while me and dad were teasing mom about her failed attempt at baking a cake last week. She put the batter in the oven and completely forgot about it after the pizza we had ordered arrived. There was smoke everywhere. Well, can't blame her, it's pizza.

I leaned back to my seat when the radio played 'Before you go' by Lewis Capaldi. It was one of my favourite songs. My dad started singing along with the chorus and my mom laughed.

I was really lucky to get parents like them. Even though they were worried about me, they never said it out and stayed strong for me. Still, I knew they were worried and I wanted to put those worries to rest. For my parents, as well as myself. I have to find him soon, before both our hearts stop beating.

_____

Hey, guys. I hope you are a bit more interested in this story now. I wanted you guys to get to know the family about in this chapter, and I hope I could get it through.

I'm sorry but my updates are gonna be short like this because I don't know how to make it more detailed, but I promise I'll try my best not to make it boring for you.

I am open to new cover ideas if you guys want. So if you get interested and make one, send it to me. I can't guarantee I'll replace my cover with yours, but if I like it very much and I think it relates to the story, I will. (I'm not good at making covers as you can see.)

Next update in a week. Don't forget to leave comments. Love you all. Bye bye my lovely readers.