P U R E

I put my bookbag on my back as I left the house getting into Mika's car.

I dabbed a wet wipe on my busted lip, wincing from pain as it was slightly bleeding.

"Good morning," I mumble to her moodily as I pulled down the sun visor to continue cleaning my newly busted lip.

"Hey," she says before glancing at me and sighing, "What happened?" She asks

"He came home drunk and he threw the empty bottle at me," I tell her as she dabs the cut on my forehead as well

"Don't you think you should go to the police," she asks as she puts the car in gear and begins to pull off from the sidewalk.

"Yeah, but I don't want him to get in trouble," I mumble to her softly

"So pure, once you find your mate, I bet he'll hang your father," she giggles

A giggle leaves my lips, "I'm human, it would be like a 1 out of 10 million chance that I would have a mate as a mythical creature," I roll my eyes at her ignorance

I was one of the few humans on the Earth who knew mythical and supernatural creatures existed.

They live amongst us, go to school with us, do activities with us. You encounter them everyday in your life, without even knowing.

"Oh, what if it's an Angel, or a devil, or an Alpha," she gushes

"Oh, or maybe the grim reaper," I sarcastically respond, shaking my head

"I mean that is possible," she says in a thoughtful tone, her eyes going up as she ponders, "But he's quite antisocial I've heard,"

I just shake my head as a giggle leaves my lips.

We get out of her car as we arrive at our college, "I mean you're gorge and like all of the werewolf population at school are like in love with your scent," she gushes over exaggeratedly

"What scent?" My eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

"You have a natural scent of honeysuckle, don't you know? Its the only reason I hang out with you," she says as we chuckle and I elbow her lightly as we enter

"Hey Gabi," Troy said as he smacked my hand before we did our usual handshake with grace and efficiency.

"Hey Troy," I smile back as we finish

Troy is a fallen angel, more known as a devil. He was a guardian angel but interfered when it was his human's time and got his wings stripped.

I was like gagging when he told us the story. I just didn't like imagining his wings getting ripped off of him. He is my friend and he's very friendly with everyone and a complete sweetheart. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I heard a collective of people greeting me as my friends and I travelled through the hallways in search of our class.

(/)

I opened the door, "Dad I'm-" my words got stuck in my throat as I saw someone dressed in complete black sitting on the couch and my father was holding a gun in his hand and there was a hole on the left side of his head.

"Who are you?" I question watching as his head snapped up to me

I saw his golden eyes as he stared back at me. His defined jaw and the little stubble on his chin as he was holding an orb in his hands.

"You can see me?" He asks; his voice was husky and deep, sending a shiver through my body.

"Y-Yeah I can see you," I stutter

"When you look at my face what do you see?" He builds on his questions, rising from couch

"A human?" it sounded like a question as I answered

He began to take steps towards me as I took steps back until my back hit the wall and I looked at the man standing over me.

His minty breath fanned my face and his smell of coffee hit my nose as I noticed how tall he actually was.

I stood at 5'3 and he looked to be about 7 feet. He was built and muscular and he looked

I couldn't speak. I was manually breathing. In and out, in and out. i repeated in my head as fear wrapped me in its clutches, "wh-who..." I struggle to question shivering from the fear of such a confusing being in front of me.

"You are a human?" He continues to question me

I shiver under his hard gaze, looking to bring words out of my mouth. However, I was unsuccessful, settling on a rapid nod of my head.

"This is impossible!" He turns around with a grumble as I ignored the fear surround me and took out my phone to dial my best friend's number.

He returned back in front of me quickly. To quickly to even describe and grabbed my phone out of my hands, tossing it onto the couch.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to sound sterner, but on the inside, I was like jelly melting under his hard gaze.

"Well hun, in front of you, me this strikingly handsome guy-" he places his hand on his chest, feigning confidence.

"Conceded much?" I ask him boldly, cutting his sentence off and leaving my fear in the dust.

He chuckles deeply causing my heart to clench, uncomfortably.

My father is dead in front of me, a bullet wound to his head and here I am, laughing with a strange, 7 foot man who shouldn't be in my house.

"Well baby, I'm death, nice to meet you,"