Chapter 5 (2)

Darryl's POV

"No. NO! Th-That's not about you." – Zak yells nervously.

"Mkay.. You sure? Even if it's about me, we can talk about this. I'm not mad at you. Why would I?" – I say softly trying to get to the point slowly.

"Darryl... Don't lie to me. You hate me. I made a huge mistake! I'M REALLY SORRY!!" – he says pretty loud.

"You are so upset about... that? Zak, you should not have taken it that close to heart. I still don't understand what got into you. You never felt that way. Tell me what's wrong! And no, I don't hate you!"

  I saw that Zak was shocked a little bit. He doesn't seem like to talk about it, but I don't want him feeling guilty. I forgave him already. Something is really odd.

"I-  I didn't want to hurt you." – Zak says looking away.

"Come on, Zak! You didn't! Just let it go. It's in the past, I forgave you, you muffintop."

"You was ill. You felt bad... And what did I do? I trolled you! I've gone too far!!! I heard how hurt your voice was. How upset you was.. I- I don't want to see you like that. I thought that if I stay inactive for a little while, you would forget about me. And. You won't be hurt anymore" – he says and then looks at me with sad eyes, like he's about to cry.

  I closely listen to him. So that's the reason. Wow, he really feels guilty for what he have done. I never thought he could be that sensitive. It wasn't a big deal actually. It happend before. He likes to troll and never took everything that seriously. That all is just surprising me. I never saw that side of Zak. I should comfort him more, I can't see him suffer like that.

"Okay, Zak. Enough. I already said that I forgive you! I'm not mad. Because I see how regretful you are. Just forget it already!! I don't want to see my best friend like that. You're so upset. I'm glad you let it out. But please. Don't leave me, I will miss you so much. I will never forget you, no matter what" – I say assuring him that everything is okay.

  Zak doesn't respond. It seems like he fights against himself. What is he thinking about? We sit in silence for a little while. But at one moment he hugs me very tightly. Seems like he doesn't want to let go. Hope it makes him feel better. I hug him and pet his back gently. After a moment Zak starts to shiver a little bit. Is he crying? Oh no! Well, that's okay. I guess??? What should I do. I don't want to see him cry.

"Zak..? You okay?"

"Y-Yes. I'm good" – he answers quietly, hiccing few times.

  We sit and hug each other. It seem like the time stopped. Zak slowly calmed down. He leans away and I pet his shoulder. Zak smiles a bit.

"Thank you, man. What would I do without you" – he said with a shy, but bright smile.

"That's what friends for. I'm always here to support you. Don't overthink that much. Everything is okay" – I say back.

  And now awkward silence again. We look around, trying to avoid each others eyes. We could sit like that forever. But now I remembered something.

"Okay, Geppy. I need to go. Lucy is alone at home, I better go back now" – I stood up from the couch and slowly headed to exit.

"Aaaahg. Already?" – he yells looking at me and not standing up. But then adds sadly – "We.. Uh- Didn't even talk that much. Maybe you could stay for a cup of tea or something..? You really need to go?"

"Mhm! I live pretty far from here, you know. Lucy might be hungry, I need to take her for a walk. Don't want to walk in the dark, heh. Welp, see ya Zak. If you want I can visit you more" – I say as I go to the door.

"Hah. That would be great.." – he says smiling shyly.

  Zak runs to the door and opens it for me. He stays and waits for me to go. I smile softly. I wish I could stay for a little longer, but I need to take care of Lucy.

"It was really nice seeing you. I'm glad you came. I feel much better" – he says and looks on the ground.

"Bye, Zak.." – I say back, walking away from his place and when I got to car I wave at him.

"Bye, Darryl" – he answers softly.

  He keeps smiling and waves back. From behind of Zak I could see Rocco. He looks at me and then barks few times. Looks like he saying bye too. I laugh at that thought. I get in car, look at him for a little bit more and drive away. I look in the mirror and see how he still stays in doors. Looking how I drive away.