Crash Landing

The landing was not as hard as it could have been, with Ellie being able to slow their descent by using the engine power to pull up so that they didn't dive nose first into the ground. Y/N and Professor Anders held on tight, with   Y/N's Spartan grip the only thing stopping him from flying into Anders when the ship hit the ground.

The two of them ended up alright save for a few bruises on Anders, but other than that they were relatively alright.

"Ellie, report." Y/N called out to the AI. "What's the status of the ship? And what's the planets atmosphere like?"

"The ship has sustained no further damage to the hull." Ellie reported in. "Initial scans of the atmospheric pressure of the planet show that it is extremely similar to Earth, though there is very minimal air pollution compared to other human colony worlds."

"Okay, did anyone else survive the jump Ellie?" Anders asked the AI.

"Scanning... negative." Ellie responded with. "The only life signatures I can detect are Spartan L/N's and yours Professor... I'm sorry."

Anders sighed, a hand on her forehead in frustration. "Shit, okay." She then turned to face Y/N. "We should make sure everything inside the ship is still in working condition." She suggested. "I'll take the upper decks, you take the lower decks."

"I can do that Professor." Y/N nodded as they split up, but they stayed in contact through their comms as they progressed throughout the ship.

The lower decks of the ship contained everything a Spartan could need, the armory, vehicle and hangar bay, what was left of the crews quarters, and the drop pods while the upper decks contained the medical bay, cryo freeze pods, the kitchen and the science wing, where the Professor conducted all her research, a lucky coincidence that it was still fully intact, with only a few broken glasses that had fallen from the impact.

The armory was pretty much in perfect condition, with all the weapons and ammo kept in place by powerful magnets, the same was for the hangar bay, with the space flight capable Pelicans still in perfect working condition and the in atmosphere flight capable Falcon and Hornet still operational.

The vehicle bay was a slightly different story though, both Mongoose had flipped over, the Grizzly Tank was still upright, as was the Gauss Warthog, but the two troop transport Warthogs had crashed into each other, cracking their windshields and leaving Y/N to promptly rip them out to have them replaced later.

On Anders end she had a much more interesting time, with the cryo pods still in working condition if things went from bad to worse and they needed to wait it out, the medical bay had trays and glass scattered everywhere, with the occasional liquid on the floor that she needed to clean up before proceeding, however all the tools they'd need to study the planet further were still intact there and in the science wing, and while some things had broken, nothing essential to their survival had broken, and finally was the kitchen she had to look through, which had pots and pans scattered all over the floor for cooking real food, while the stock of MRE's would last them many months, possibly even years if they used the cryo pods to wait out some time.

Though all of her research was still intact, and everything in her makeshift lab was still in working order, which was some more excellent news she was able to relay to Y/N, and while she was busy in her lab, Y/N had doubled back to the engine room to take a proper look at both engine cores and the slip-space engine once again to see if he could fix it eventually.

One a positive note, both engine cores looked to be fine on the outside, and when he pulled the cover off both of them, it was confirmed that both engine cores were fine, that meant that the ship could still fly if they could get it off the ground, which was a big ask in of itself, because they'd need something capable of lifting a UNSC Frigate off the ground, and they wouldn't just find something like that lying around.