A Mansion in the Forest

Liana's POV

"So," Lillie broke the delicate silence with her words. Gradually, the rest of the onlookers filed away, murmuring in awe at what they had just seen. "We still have the matters of housing to attend to," I reminded them. "You can stay with me!" piped Lillie enthusiastically. I was unsure. "Are you sure? Remember, I have nine Pokemon. Are you certain you have enough room?" I questioned her. "Yep, just come along," she assured me. "A new student?" came an unfamiliar voice. I turned around to see a bare-chested man with a willowy white jacket and a self-satisfied smirk. "This is Professor Kukui, Liana," Ash introduced me to him. His eyebrow shot up with surprise. "Are you the one that was blessed by Arceus? The Kalos Queen," "Yeah," I replied nervously. "How do you know?" asked Sophocles. Kukui grinned and shook his head slightly. "Sophocles, I thought after living here for so long you'd know that word travels faster than a Thunderbolt in this town," the plump boy pursed his lips and quieted. "So, you'll attend class tomorrow?" Kukui asked me. "I, I," I stuttered in response. He clapped his hand to my shoulder and I stiffened. "We'll be learning Z-Moves. I hear you got eight, but not a Normaliam one for your Eevee!" he tutted disapprovingly and flashed me a warm smile. "It's lucky that I have one in my drawer right now," Kukui winked. "Thank you," I breathed happily. "Well, off we go!" he took his hand off and put them around Ash. "We'll be off," "Wait, Ash!" I called. He stopped dead in his tracks and gave me a questioning look. I ran up and kissed him on the cheek, to which he turned positively crimson. "Bye!"

Mallow looked annoyed by my boldness and took care to flash me a dirty look before strutting down to her house. "Sorry about her. She thought Ash was her territory but now you're here..." whispered Lana with a nervous laugh, dashing after the green-eyed girl. I assumed she was Mallow's best friend, even though they were nothing alike. Kiawe boarded a Charizard and took off into the open skies, while Sophocles walked to his home. A black limo slid into the beach driveway and I clambered in after Lillie's invitation. I noticed that she carried a small cotton satchel, which she opened and took a book out of. She was so immersed in her reading I doubt she heard me when I asked her questions. "Do you think my Z-Crystals actually work?" I said inquisitively, feeling the smooth surface of a Darkium Z. "Hmm?" she responded as she ran her eyes on a page in her novel. I shook her gently and she seemed to jolt back into reality. She flushed a fair rose and tucked a small golden bookmark into the book, then slipped it back into her bag. "Yes?" I had her full attention now as she faced me. "Do you think my Z-Crystals work for something other than changing into Pokemon and understanding that and stuff?" her lips twisted into a thoughtful smile, then she nodded. "The Alpha Pokemon most likely enchanted it of something like that, but it should have the properties of normal crystalized Z-Power," she replied in an explanatory tone. I made an agreeing noise and we sat in silence until entering an estate that was about five times larger than my mansion in Kalos. 

The limousine cruised deeper and deeper into the well-cared-for land, before arriving at a driveway in front of a gigantic house. I was sure my jaw hit the floor as I stared at the mansion. It was a sophisticated gray with large windows and wooden doors. A small fountain sprayed water cheerfully as I got out. "Wow," I gaped at the property with wide eyes. "Cool, right?" Lillie giggled. A posse of maids and butlers stood by the door, bowing. "Welcome back, Miss Lillie," they chorused. They seemed to be led by an aged man with gray hair and spectacles, who bowed elegantly and raised his head in a greeting manner. "Miss Lillie! I see you've brought a friend!" I guessed he was surprised seeing me, maybe because their family grounds were so elite. "Liana, this is Hobbes," she said, waving her hand in his direction. "Get the Eeveelutionist room ready at once!" he instructed a dark-haired maid in a pristine outfit. "This is your maid, Lena," he said briskly. She gave me a shy smile and curtsied deeply. "Your Majesty," she said respectfully before walking steadily towards the door. "How does she know I'm the Kalos Queen?" I was bewildered by the new region. "We know things too, your Majesty. We have television as well." I blushed and looked away. "Come in. Miss Lillie's driver informed us of your arrival and had the tailor make you a dress and a nightgown. By the time you find your room, they should already be ironed and nicely spread out on your bed," said Hobbes deeply. Lillie's lime green eyes sparkled. She waved me in. "Come on!"