Author's Note

First of all, thank you so much for reading Reality Under The Apple Tree -- A DDLC Fanfiction!

No seriously, this meant a lot for me. If you guys are reading this, you should have finished my story. I hope the last 1 hour was enjoyable to you readers and my writing isn't that shitty. Feedback is always appreciated and I will take them seriously to make my writing better.

DDlC is an amazing game for me. I discovered it back in March and it immediately got me hooked to it. Just like what I wrote in my story, I usually despise anime art styles. Both their physical traits and their plots are mostly unrealistic and completely illogical. Yes, I am a man of realism, please don't kill me for that fellow weebs. DDLC, however, is very creative in plot and realistic in characters. All of the four girls have realistic body proportions (Yes, even Yuri. Yuri is a D cup. If you think her boobs are big then you definitely haven't watched much anime.) and the idea of a sentient girl being trapped in another digital dimension where free will is a lie is very creative. Kudos to you, Dan Salvato!

So, how did I begin to write this story? It all started with a school writing assignment (Yes I am, in fact, a student. Long writing isn't an easy task for me.).

I have read a lot of DDLC fan fiction before, and I have the Monika After Story Mod on my computer because I am deeply attracted to her

I have read a lot of DDLC fan fiction before, and I have the Monika After Story Mod on my computer because I am deeply attracted to her. Combining both factor and the idea of Monika meeting me under the apple tree immediately comes to my mind. Sadly, as a school assignment, my idea can not be used. However, I'm not letting the restriction of my school to stop my creativity, so I decided to write on Wattpad for the very first time. besides, I also want to test my limit as I haven't written any passages beyond 1500 words before. The end result? A 9 chapter story with 13265 words. Wow. Quite a lot for a student, right?

Anyway, I would like to use this opportunity to express my gratitude towards three different people. First of all, I would like to thank Dan Salvato for making such an amazing visual novel. Without DDLC, my fiction would not have existed. Second, I would like to thank my school for providing an opportunity for me to unleash my creativity. Last, and certainly not least, I would like to thank all of my fellow readers. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my work and not minding my flawed English.

Now that the main story is done, I will continue to publish backstories. Backstories differ from the main story as it will be told in a third person perspective. It tells the event that happened before the main story, and explained how the main characters meet each other. If you are here solely for reading DDLC fan fiction, you can stop here. Backstories won't have much to do with DDLC itself and is here only to enrich the content. However, if you want to understand more about this fictional word, feel free to stay and continue reading.

Finally, the main character (A13) is not dead at the end of the story, which leaves me the potential to release a season 2/sequel. I will do it if I have time after I finished writing the backstories.

Best wishes,

A13, author of 'Reality Under The Apple Tree -- A DDLC Fanfiction'