Diana's Vision

BOOM!!!

There was an explosion in a building not far from his apartment. He could hear people inside were screaming for help. Fire trucks and ambulances started surrounding the building. Right before suiting up, he turned around to talk to Selina for a moment.

"Cat, I need your help. It's between you and me. Quinn is up to something—"

"Go, Bruce. If I find anything about Harley, I'll let you know," said Selina as if she knew what was in his head.

Then, Bruce went to his secret entrance to the Batcave, prepared himself as the Batman, and immediately broke into the building. He saw the fire was blasting everywhere, even the firefighters had to get cracking to extinguish it. There were so many people inside, injured, and afraid.

"BATMAN!! HELP US!!"

He brought as many people as he could outside to save them and gave them to the medics. Surprisingly, Wonder Woman came to help. She flew deeper into the fire, dodging falling objects from above to get those who were still stuck inside. Together, they succeeded to save them while the fire was getting bigger.

"OH NO, MY BABY!! SHE'S STILL INSIDE!!" A woman was hysterically crying out from below.

"WHAAAA.... WHAAA!!" The cry could be heard clearly from outside. Wonder Woman directly flew inside and searched the baby. After following the baby's voice, she found her, inside a burning cradle. Without thinking, the Amazon Warrior took her and carried her by making a sling out of her lasso, so she could use both hands to escape.

"WHAAAA!!" The baby's cry was enough to represent fear and loneliness. "Hush, little one. All is well," Diana whispered and hugged her, softly soothing the baby. Hearing those wisdom words from Wonder Woman, the baby finally gained peace and grabbed the lasso tightly to show her trust.

Unexpectedly, the lasso glowed brightly and so were... the baby's eyes! Looking into the little infant's eyes, Diana had... a vision.

~Princess of Themyscira. The Caped Crusader. Child of Light. Battle of Destiny between Two Gods. Past and Last. Life and Death shall follow the Light. ~

"Diana!!" Batman pushed her away from the tumbling roof above them. She wasn't really aware of her surroundings until he called her name out. Then, Batman brought them outside and Wonder Woman returned the baby to her mother.

Diana sighed for a while, trying to consume what she just saw. Her mind was full of confusion, but she remembered clearly that she saw... him. Her fate? She questioned herself because she believed that the glowing lasso of Hestia was only contained by truth. She saw nothing but the truth.

"What happened?" Batman tapped her shoulder from behind. She just looked at him in a few seconds in mixed feelings without knowing what to answer and flew away.

"Batman," Commissioner Jim Gordon of Gotham PD approached him. "There was a bomb hidden on the first floor. At the private longue to be exact. Suspect? Hm. Get ready to play with cards," Jim gave him a half-burned card of ace, ace of hearts. Seeing that card, Batman only thought of one name.

Batmobile.

"First floor and an ace, Alfred. 'First' is the next clue," he said through his car communicator.

"Oh? Such things bring grist to his mill! If we do an anagram to the first words of Harley's visited cities, we will have F-A-U-S-T. Faust, Felix Faust, the owner of the strange bruise... or should we say 'mark' you found on Harley Quinn. Used to be an ancient wizard. Legends said that he pledged his soul to a demon so he could grant greater power. It is believed that the demon never left earth," Alfred said.

Of course, magic! He thought. He believed that this wizard was looking for the princess for some reasons, but whatever it was, he must warn her as soon as possible. "Thank you, Alfred," Bruce thanked him.

"I'll keep you updated, Sir." Alfred ended the call. He sped up his Batmobile and focused on the road. 

Then, he arrived at the Temple of Athena, eight miles from Gotham City. There, he found Diana was standing underneath the orange sky, enjoying the rays of golden sun.

"I knew you would come. You put a tracer on me seconds before I flew," the princess said without looking back at him as he was approaching her.

"You saw something, did you not?" he asked with a low tone, forgetting about mentioning Felix Faust. No matter how mighty she was, standing as a warrior, he could sense fear within her.

"Whatever it is, it's going to happen... to me. I saw my fate, revealed by the truth itself," Diana answered, struggling to get herself together. "My fate... with you," she added, with tears in her eyes.