How Are You Feeling?

2 AM.

After retrieving her full senses together, Diana slowly opened her eyes. She looked around and realized she was in a bedroom, but it was not her hotel suite. Getting up from the bed, Diana saw her boots, lasso, sword, tiara, and shield were on the desk in the corner. Then, someone knocked and opened the door. It was... Alfred, holding a cup of warm water and several tea bags on a tray.

"Alfred?"

"It's still 2 in the morning, but thank goodness you've come to your senses, Ms. Prince. I do hope I serve you well here in this grand and old Wayne Manor. If you are asking about Mrs. Kapatelis, Master Bruce wants you to know she's all in one piece. No sugar, yes?" he said, while making the drink. Diana nodded.

"Where... is he?"

"Playing with his toys," he answered, referring to the Batcave. Then, he gave her the warm cup of tea. "Grandfather's clock. 10:47. Make yourself at home, Ms. Prince," he said and left the room, giving her time to be alone.

All by herself, sipping the relaxing tea. Her inner peace and strength were regained through its fresh and minty aroma. She was glad Alfred got her back and understood her well through his care.

Still, Diana wondered about his master, the man who saved her life. Without him, she would never have survived. Then, she decided to get out of the room in barefoot. After walking through alley, she found... a grandfather's clock. She looked at the clock hands. They were not pointing at the right time. 10:47, she knew Alfred told her that for a reason. Then, she set its time to 10:47. Instantly, the clock shunted aside, revealing the entrance to... the Batcave.

She entered the cave with courage. It was dark, quiet, and cold, as usual. The only light there was from the large computer screens. Diana did not feel Bruce's presence at all, yet those screens caught her sight. Pictures, files, and batch of data about Felix Faust's case, including his possession upon her. Diana could not believe her eyes. She nearly made a massive inferno under Faust's control!

"You heal quickly. How are you feeling?" A familiar voice was approaching her from behind. Bruce in his cowl-less bat suit.

"I... was more like a wounded animal than a daughter of a warrior queen, wasn't I?" she kept blaming herself. Someone managed to subdue her, inside and out. Was she worthy enough to be called a warrior princess after not being able to put her strength to her own soul? She thought.

"I... I owe you an apology, Di... for leaving you behind. I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought I was protecting you... from all the dangers I was facing," Bruce said in regret. "I saw what you saw. Even so, I truly have nothing to deny because I know it's true between us," he professed. Diana looked into his eyes, listening.

"After I lost my family, all those years, I had been living in hatred and vengeance. In this suit, enemies will do everything to finish me. Being the knight of Gotham is a torture under the cape. It was until you came into my life. You, Diana, have brought light to the world. You opened my eyes to see the meaning of true compassion, forgiveness, and... affection," he walked toward her.

"The vision. The fate. I saw it. And I'm asking you at this moment. Am I... worthy of being in your life, Diana?" They gazed into each other's eyes.

"Bruce... you mean the world to me too," Diana said with her heart. "You are the reason why I stopped hiding from the world. You pushed me to be the hero everyone needs. Thank you... for becoming the light in my sorrow," Diana shed a tear.

"A wise man once told me... it's not about deserve... It's all about what you believe. And I believe in something that can never hide from the truth... I see that in you... under those scars and pain..."

They got closer and leaned into each other. Their gaze became deeper. At that time, they revealed their true feelings, even without using the lasso of truth. The fate was real.

"Diana..."

"Bruce..."

Bruce brushed her hair from her neck and gently stroked her soft cheek. They were very close. His embrace gave her warmth that overcame the coldness of the cave. Her eyes widened. She had longed this moment for an entire lifetime. Diana ran her hands through his hair and pulled him to her, mouth to mouth, they finally kissed amorously💕

Finally, they pulled back in relief. Diana put her forehead on Bruce's and smiled.

"Mon amour..." ("My love...") she said to him in soft French and gave him a little chuckle.

"Ma princesse..." ("My princess...") Bruce whispered to her ear.