"I'm Fine." // Ch.6

I wake up in a hospital bed, I look down to see that i'm not in my gear anymore but in a hospital gown. "Wha-Whaaat!?" the thought of someone undressing me makes me shiver. There's a breathing tube and an IV attached to my right hand giving me fluids and for some reason I can taste it a little; it's not very good. I look the window and remember what happened at today's games, tears start to roll down my face; "It's all my fault!" I think to myself, every time I try to wipe my tears more come falling down.

I hear a knocking on the infirmary door and someone comes rushing in and little did I know it was Octavio. "CHE TOLD ME EVERYTHING SO I JUST HAD TO COME SEE YO-" he pauses at the sight of me crying, I turn my head away quickly, "I'm fine." I tell him trying to sound upbeat and happy like my usual self. He starts to walk toward me "Look at me, amiga." he calmly yet seriously says "I'm fine, Octavio."
"No you're not, now look at me." if he keeps this up i'm going to break.

    I knew I had to find a way to avoid that. "Nat.." and puts his hand on my arm "I'M FINE! O-" I stop myself, Octavio looks at me with a saddened look; i'm sorry I didn't mean to yell, I don't know what came over me, I jus-" he grabs hold of me and pulls me close to him giving me a warm hug.

    That's was when I realized I couldn't hold it in anymore, I was at my breaking point. I start to full out cry on Octavio. I bury my face in his chest and grab on his shirt a little while he's still holding me close. "It's all my fault, Octavio! I'm the reason my squad got eliminated!" and starts stroking my hair "I know it's not your fault, Nat." I look up at him; my face is red and my eyes are puffy due to all the crying, I put my arms around his neck and hug him, he starts to wipe the tears from my eyes, "I'll do my best to stop those tears in the future." I giggle a little "Merci, Octavio, I'm starting to feel better cause of you." I give him a big smile to show my appreciation.

I notice that he's taken his mask off, his hand starts to make it's up from my arm to my cheek and starts to move his thumb in an up and down motion on my face as he leans in slowly..."Octavio-" I start to close my eyes hoping for what's about to happen next "Nat.."

   I could feel his lips getting closer to mine...are we about to..."NATALIE!" someone comes barging in; Octavio and I jolt away from each other, Ajay, Renee and Dr.Caustic come in
"Are you okay?!" Ajay comes running to gives me a hug while Dr.Caustic and Renee stay behind. "The nurse said you blacked out mostly of stress and partially cause you inhaled too
much gas." she hugs me tighter, she glances over at Octavio "So what ya doin here, Octavio?
I swear if this boy had been causing you trouble."

   I look over at Octavio, "No,no he's been great company." Octavio is awfully quiet for some reason..I wonder if it's because- "Well, i'm going to head to the firing range with those two, you and Octavio have fun now." she walks out the infirmary and Wraith follows but Dr.Cautic mumbles something I can barely understand before leaving, it was along the lines of "my apologies"or something.

Me and Octavio are alone again, I can feel myself getting warmer an my cheeks turn a bright red. Octavio gets up, "Well, I think i'm gonna head out to the firing range too, I hope you feel better, Nat." he smiles at me before putting his mask back on, "Octy, wait!" I pause for a minute, "Octy, eh?" he chuckles at me as I slowly die from embarrassment "I think it's cute Nat, kinda like you." he waves goodbye before heading out the door but not long after he comes back "Get better soon okay?!"
I smile

"Okay!" and then he leaves for real this time. I look up at the ceiling and all that's on my mind is Octavio, I then fold my hands and whisper,
...
"I love you..Octavio."

To Be Continued

//764 words// I hope you guys like this :>