Chapter 15: A birthday to remember

A/N

I'm sorry I haven't been posting anything. I was getting worried about the security breach and I wanted to lower my chances of getting hacked by not posting. Also, I had horrible writer's block, and whenever I tried to think of something for this chapter my mind would just go blank, luckily now I am getting ideas. Sorry for the long Author's note.

E/C= Eye color    H/L= Hair length    H/C= Hair color

_____

Today was your 10th birthday, well not really for all you know you could still be 9 or maybe you already turned 10 a few months ago, today was the birthday Mrs. Weeden gave you. You never did much before so you were hoping Varian wouldn't do anything crazy. Not like you could really do much since you had to keep a low profile.

The search for you has died down a little, but not much. Eventually, they'll stop, maybe they'll assume your dead. It doesn't matter, it's not bumming you out in any way.

You were in bed sleeping, Varian let you sleep in so he could prepare for the surprise he had for you. Whenever you sleep in you don't wake up till noon and that's exactly what you did.

____*Time skip: noon*____

Y/N's P.O.V

"Y/N wake up"....."Y/N."....."Y/N?"....."Y/N!" "What what?!"  What time is it? Why is Varian yelling at me? "Finally you're up." Oh, that's why. "What time is it?" "It's noon" "What!" Varian let me sleep in, why, it's so late. "I thought it would be best to let you sleep... for 7 hours." (Who knows where this reference is from?) "I mean it is your birthday after all" Today's my birthday, I completely forgot. 

"That's today?" I asked sheepishly. "Did you really forget?" Varian gave me a shocked expression. I grinned, "Maybe." "Well, now you know. Come on go get dressed I have a surprise for you." He left the room so I could change I wonder what the surprise could be since he was so excited. 

Varian's P.O.V 

I put the first present for Y/N on the table with a note telling them where to find me. I took the picnic basket and went into the field by the abandoned house. As I was setting up I couldn't stop thinking about Y/N's reaction. Also I couldn't stop thinking about their gorgeous E/C eyes and their beautiful H/L H/C hair.

Then I thought about the time they kissed me, I totally forgot about that until now. What if they bring it up? Maybe I should tell them how I feel. Should I? They kissed me so that means they like me back right? What if it was a dare or what if they only did it cause I kissed them and they felt bad for me? I just won't bring it up and if they do I'll change the subject.

Third-person P.O.V

After you finished changing you went to go find Varian but you couldn't find him anywhere. Then you passed by the dining table, there was a note on it and a box. You went over to it and read the note. Happy Birthday Y/N, I know we can't really do much but I still want to do something for you. I hope you like the present I got for you. Meet me at the field we hang out at.-Varian

After you put the note down you grabbed the box and opened it, inside of it was a nice casual dress.