Chapter 1

"It's been so long since we've done something like this, hasn't it?" You looked over and met eyes with your blonde boyfriend. He was especially happy today for some reason.

"Yeah," He responded, wiping the sweat from his brow, "I'm glad we got the day to ourselves."

You nodded in agreement before standing up and pointing to the hallway with your water bottle in hand. "I'm going to get some water super fast. Be right back." You took off speed-walking before you could get a response from him.

Just a couple days ago you guys were dressing up in uniform for a school festival. Nanashima must've really liked it because later that night suggested that the two of you enter a duos volleyball tournament for the weekend. Luckily, that same day, Kae asked for you set her and Igarashi up on a nice date. So you, being the amazing best friend you are, gave Kae a list of fun couple activities and made a dinner reservation for a nice restaurant. Her and Igarashi really like each other but weren't connecting super well.

You sighed, "Hopefully after this weekend they'll be on better terms.."

You pressed against the water fountain and began refilling your bottle of water. The tournament Nana wanted to attend was a couple hours away from where you lived. It also was an all-day event so you had to find a hotel for the both of you to stay overnight.

Tonight.

Alone.

Just the two of you.

Your face heated up at the idea. It's not like you haven't had a sleep over before, but that was with other people...

"And while we're gone you and Nana can get serious~"

You shook your head, attempting to empty it of all the inappropriate thoughts. "Stupid Kae, I can't believe she'd even suggest that! We AREN'T doing anything like that tonight. I'm sure Nana made sure to get a room with two beds."

Wait- He did get a room with two beds right?!

"Hey [Y/n]! Hurry up we are getting ready to play again!"

You flinched at the sound of Nana's voice. He was calling you from the gym door so hopefully he didn't over hear your conversation with yourself. "I'm coming!" You responded as you ran back with your filled bottle of water. "Why's your face all red?" He raised an eyebrow and stared at you. "Are you still hot from the last game?"

"Huh? Oh no I'm fine! Feeling great! Better than ever ahahaha.." You quickly started to walk back into the gym when Nana grabbed your wrist. He wasn't the brightest, but he could tell when you were lying.

"[Y/n]."

"Uh, yeah?" You responded, trying to act dumb.

"Don't forget we are the best ones here. We are going to win so don't get nervous." You were so caught up in the thought of possibly sharing a bed with him that you forgot this was your final game! You and Nana were literally crushing the competition and made it to the finals.

"Yeah, I know." You said with a smile.

The tournament was filled with mostly high school students and a few adults. It wasn't gender specific, but most of the teams were just male. You peeked into the gym to see the team you would be going against. It was two boys who seemed to be around your age. If they made it to the finals they must be pretty good, but you weren't worried. You and Nanashima have known each other for a long time and have been practically playing together ever since. You even met through volleyball.

"Not too bad but your setting needs work." You said, watching him play from the porch of your grandmas lake cabin.

"Are you stalking me?"

"No I just sensed the horrible formation from a mile away. Your handling sucks."

He smiled and threw you the ball. "Why don't you show me then hotshot."

You caught the ball and ran up to the sand court. "Wow, I don't even know your name and your already calling me hot."

Your smiled widened at the memory. It seemed like forever ago, and so much has happened since then. If you told your past self that'd you'd be dating Nanashima in the future you definitely wouldn't believe it.

The referee blew his whistle indicating that their game was finally over. Nana slipped his hand into yours. Pink slowly filled his cheeks as he looked into your eyes.

"Come on," He said confidently, "We gotta go show off how great we are."

You giggled, "Yeah we do."