Chapter 5: A Troll and Questions

Emma's POV

"I don't know, but it was bad." Hermione said, as I heard the door lock.

I horrible smell rushed through my nose. Then I saw it, a troll.

"Just be quiet, don't look it in the eyes, and no sudden movements." I whispered.

The creature looked at us, and lifter up the club to attack. I dove in one of the stalls, Hermion jumped under the sink, and Olivia rolled past it.

"Oh well, it is already angry. Help! Help us!" I screamed loudly.

"Oi, Pea Brain!" Ron yelled at it.

The thing swung his club in my direction, so I rolled out of the way, just escaping.

"Swish and Flick!" Hermione yelled, when Harry jumped on it, sending his wand up the troll's nose.

The troll shook Harry off and picked me up by my arm.

"Let me go you oversized buffoon!" I shouted, when Ebony appeared.

My pup was snarling at the creature, when it lunged for it's leg. She bit into it, causing a dirty looking blood to rush into the floor. Ebony released, and repeated her action on the other leg. The troll droped me and looked at Ebony.

The troll thumbed Ebony, with such force that lead to her being knocked unconscious.

"Don't touch my pup!" I screamed.

The troll covered its ears along with my friends. The scream was like a sonic blast.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron yelled.

The club flew from the troll's hand and knocked him unconscious. I ran over to my pup to check if she was alright. Then I heard voices.

Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, and Professor Quirrell appeared at the door with an angry expression on their faces.

"Who did this and why? This is an outrage!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed.

"It with me professor. I thought I could take the troll on my own, but I thought wrong." I said sadly.

"It wasn't just her. It was me to." Hermione lied.

"Miss Rushing, Miss Granger 20 points are to be taken away. I thought better of you. What happened to dear Ebony?" Professor McGonagall said.

"Ebony tries to protect me, but got a little worse than the troll." I said pointing at the troll's legs.

"You three get 10 points each, for sheer, dumb, luck." Professor McGonagall said pointing at Olivia, Harry and Ron.

On our way back to our common room, I stopped by the hospital wing.

"Madam Pomfrey!" I called.

"Yes?" The woman called back, standing up.

"Could you do anything for my baby hellhound?" I asked kindly.

She nodded and gave her some potions. I brought Ebony back to my dorm and decided to read what Fred and George wrote on hellhounds.

Page 1

Hellhound Facts:

1. Hellhounds live their life as long as their bonded partner is alive.
2. Hellhounds live to protect.
3. Hellhounds are supposedly from the Underworld.
4. A black hellhound it very common, but if you see even a bit of a different color you have a rare hellhound.
5. If you have a bonded hellhound, you are a demigod, or so people have heard.
6. Ebony means dark black. (Just some fun😃 Fred)

I put the pages up, intending to read them later and decided I would write letters to my mom and my dad.

Dear Mom,

I am doing great. I made friends with Hermione, Olivia, Harry, Ron, Fred, and George. They are the greatest. Dad sent me a letter with some mysterious coins.

Love,
         Emma

I pulled out another sheet of paper and began on my dad's letter.

Dear Dad,

I understand you have your reasons. I will respect that. I hope one day that we can meet face-to-face. Do you have anymore children? I was wondering, because I wanted to know if I have any siblings out there. Thank you for the owl. Dusk is very sweet. Also, do you know a boy named Luke Castellan? I had a dream about him. I was fighting in a war and a thing took over Luke's body. Thank you for the letter.

Well wishes,
                     Your Daughter

I sealed the letter and put a capital H on it. I whistled quietly and Dusk flew inti the room. I handed her the letters and she flew off.