TWO

CHAPTER TWO | THE INTERRUPTED PREFECT MEETING

"I don't know how you can stand her." Cedric grunted as he and his sister left the carriage they had previously been in and began their way to the Prefects compartment at the end of the train. His previous bickering with the Tonks girl who sat in the compartment alone left the Hufflepuff boy feeling unnaturally sour and a scowl etched on his face at the thought of her. 

Nobody knew why Cedric Diggory and Gabriella Tonks became friends.

It didn't matter who you were or what year you were in at Hogwarts, as soon as you were in a close proximity of the two Hufflepuff fifth years you would soon know how much they despised each other. The two just couldn't get along, no matter how much teachers and students alike tried to get the two to get along the two just couldn't do it. 

This frustrated Rapunzel to say the least, for she really wanted her best friend and her brother to at least be civil with each other but the two couldn't go five minutes without bickering. But the two still underneath it all considered each other friends, and nobody quite knew why.

What seemed to confuse people mostly was why Cedric even bothered to bicker with Gabriella as he could always just decided to hang around with someone else. Students across all four houses knew that Cedric loved his sister more than life itself but at a place of education they were confused as to why he didn't choose to hang out with other boys and girls his age but rather chose to stay close to his sister and her best friend all the time. 

For if he truly couldn't stand Gabriella Tonks, why would he bother to hang around her?

"She's my best friend Ced." Rapunzel told him as she rose an eyebrow at her brother, Cedric rolling his eyes at her statement as a huff let his lips.

"But she can be so irritating and she purposefully tries to annoy me." He whined to her, narrowly dodging past a first year who went running down the corridor, obviously looking for something.

"You do the same to her." She reminded him as a smirk settled on her lips. "Don't forget that you started this in first year."

And Cedric had indeed been the one to start their feud, for when he stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time in his first year he and Rapunzel had entered a compartment and Cedric had accidentally shut Gabriellas fingers in the door. 

Gabriella had not been happy and Cedric was sure that he had never heard such vulgar words in his life and yet now they had been directed towards him. Cedric had been lucky that Gabriellas older sister Nymphadora, a sixth year, had seen the exchange between the two first years and stopped the two before Gabriella could cause much damage other than punching Cedric in the face.