t w e n t y - f o u r

TW! self harm and attempted suicide

---

When Jisung arrived at Chenle's house in the early afternoon, the air was filled with an unsettling silence that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

No one had answered when he had ringed the doorbell of the grand front entrance, which was odd since Chenle would usually come rushing down and thanking him endlessly for saving him from his homework.

Instead, Jisung had resorted to walking around to the back and entering through the side window.

It was a very rebellious teenage tv show thing to do, but Chenle had said that the window would lead to his study and would be there as an entrance option if ever Jisung was feeling rebellious.

The study was a mess, cupboards and drawers half opened, papers thrown all over the floor, textbooks sprawled out on desks and tables. This was not the tidy, organized study he had seen last time.

Jisung furrowed his brow, slightly confused.

He made his way up the stairs and towards Chenle's room at the end of the hall.

"Chenle?" he called.

Silence.

Jisung pushed the door open and scanned the room.

Chenle's room looked even messier than the study. There were still papers thrown onto the floor, textbooks and drawers opened, but each piece of paper was marked up with messy writing in red marker that Jisung couldn't quite decipher.

The door to the washroom was closed, but Jisung was almost sure that there was absolutely no sound coming from it, not even a rustling of feet on the cold tiles.

Jisung knocked twice. "Chenle?"

No response. Carefully, Jisung turned the door knob and peeked inside.

What he saw made his hands immediately fly to cover his mouth from screaming.

—☆—

When Mark recieved the call from Jisung, it was simple to tell something was wrong. Jisung had barely been able to speak except for mumbling the two words 'come please' slightly incoherently.

So, after hearing the younger's panicked state, Mark had also come to a particularly panicked state.

Seeing the police cars and ambulances outside of Chenle's house didn't help either.

"Jisung? What happened?" he asked, as soon as the other was in sight.

What shocked Mark even more was when Jisung ultimately collapsed into his arms in a fit of tears.

Mark had never seen their youngest at such a vulnerable state in his entire lifetime. Even back at the orphanage, it was hard to believe that Jisung was the youngest because of his ability to bite back his emotions.

So Mark just held him and patted his back to try and calm him down. Clearly, something had happened, and it was so bad that there were ambulances and police involved.

Slowly, Jisung's breathing steadied and he willed himself to speak. His voice was anything but steady and some of it was so quiet that Mark had to strain his ears to hear. "It's Chenle. I found him unconscious on the bathroom floor, and there was blood, and I didn't know what to do so I called the police, and the ambulances just took him away and there was a knife on the floor next to him and–"

Jisung broke back down into a fit of tears.

As Mark continued to rub small circles on Jisung's back and give soft hushes, Jisung eventually calmed down.