Chapter 14

•••

•••

The Cullen's and the Goodwin's  - except for Tony and Bella who weren't there yet - were in a large field surrounded by the woods. All of them was wearing comfortable clothes, so tracksuits, to be able to move freely. They were all waiting for Tony, Bella and the wolves to arrive so they could start the training. Irene was standing with Carlisle, Esme, Alice and Rosalie. Edward was close next to her. Both of them were always together. They were like magnets. Irene was watching Jasper and Emmett sparing. The big dark vampire ran toward the blond one, charging against him but Jasper dodged his adoptive brother's attack. He then grabbed him by his clothes and threw him meters away. Emmett fell on his back but quickly stood up.

"Again," he groaned, not liking the fact that he was losing and that he was struggling (a lot) to defeat Jasper. Just with this small training, Irene could already conclude that Jasper was the best fighter of the Cullen cover so far. Then, the vampires heard the sound of a car coming. Irene turned her head to see a black Nissan stopping next to Jasper's Jeep. Soon after, Tony and Bella stepped out of the vehicle and walked to the rest of the group. Irene obviously left before her twin. Edward had picked her up and he drove her to the field with his black Volvo.

When both Tony and Bella had reached the group of vampire, Edward turned toward the tree line, saying that the wolves had arrived. Soon after, several disgusting wet dogs scent filled the air and the giant wolves appeared on top of a small hill and stopped before a fallen trunk. Emmett seemed to have a staring contest with Paul. They still had this rivalry and seemed to want a rematch for what happened the last time they met.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms," Edward informed after having read Sam's mind, the leader of the pack. It was the first time Irene and Tony were seeing the entire pack. But before coming, they had been debriefed about them by Carlisle.

"They came. That's what matters," the father figure of the vampire coven said. On the other side of the group, Bella saw a russet wolf who turned toward her.

"Jake," the little human greeted. The russet wolf seemed to smile and took a few steps toward her but Sam growled at him, telling him to focus on the reason why they were here. Observing the vampires' training.

Carlisle asked Edward to translate and the mind-reader nodded, agreeing. The father figure of the coven then welcomed the shifters and explained that Jasper would be teaching them how to defeat newborns since he already had fought them in the past. Edward who had read Sam's mind asked Carlisle in what the newborns were different from vampires. The doctor answered that newborns were stronger thanks to their blood still being in their veins. Vampires were the strongest in the first months of their existence. Carlisle then looked at Jasper who nodded. He went to the centre, briefly eyed the wolves, not being comfortable with their presence and the attention on him. But his quickly shrugged it off before agreeing with Carlisle and explaining that it was for that same reason - being stronger in their first months of existence - that they had been made. No human army is stronger than a vampire newborns army. According to Jasper, the two most important things were to never let their arms around you. They would crunch you instantly. The second was to never go for the obvious kill. They would be expecting that and you would lose. Jasper then called Emmett as he walked at the cent of the field. The training session was about to begin.