prologue

I sighed as I stood outside of Inkei's Peak.

This place was only for ultimates. People who were born with their talent and contributed to the world. They were the best at what they did,
So surely someone like me wouldn't fit in.

But that's what I thought.
Inkei's Peak held a lottery - I honestly felt lucky enough to even be apart of the lottery!
When they broadcasted them revealing the winner, I swear my heart dropped. It felt like I was on a rollercoaster or something, really!
They called my name.
My name.

I didn't expect it at all, honestly. I thought they'd call some random guys name and I'd just live the rest of my life thinking of what could've been.

But now it's August 4th, and I'm standing outside of Inkei's Peak as The Ultimate Lucky Student.
My name is John Reno.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The desk I had been laying my head on was cold. I threw my head up after hearing some ruffling next to me. It was a girl with light, brown, short hair. She seemed to be wearing a white shirt that said "he'm i's".. what could that even mean? Wait - never mind that, where was I?

I snapped my head away from the girl walking down the halls to look around the room I was in for a second. It was a classroom, nothing special about it I guess. I got up from the desk, the sound of the chair moving against the wooden floor nearly echoed in the classroom.  I looked up to the windows to see if I had slept in, but oddly enough there were metal bars in the window - like in a jail cell. That's weird, I mean, why would Inkei's Peak need to cut their students off from the outside world like that? It must be a technique to get them to focus, but it didn't seem to be that effective because there was a ray of sunshine beaming into the room. I smiled to myself a bit, it made the off putting vibe of this place feel more.. friendly?

Across the board wrote to meet up in the cafeteria at 11:30 AM. I darted my eyes to the clock, and it was 12 pm. Of course, I'm late on my first day. What kind of cliche is this? I'm at the best school in the country and I can't even arrive on time?!

I quickly shuffled out of the door. I tried to be quiet so a teacher wouldn't notice I'm late to whatever sort of meeting I was going to. I walked in the direction I saw the brunette go, even though I had no clue where the cafeteria was.

I heard murmurs coming from down a hall, so I cut through the hallway - and there they were. The ultimates of the world. Wow. I never thought I'd see them up close and personal, yet here I am.

Someone with short brown hair and dad like glasses cleared their throat and held their hand up in the air. "Reason for being late?" They didn't seem too intimidating, yet it caught me off guard. "Erm.. slept in I guess?" I mumbled. The brunette crossed their arms. They opened their mouth as if to say something, but a girl who also had brown hair and glasses rested a hand on their shoulder. They were both wearing Hawaiian shirts with cargo pants and white socks with sandals - but the Hawaiian shirts had different patterns. "Ben, there is no need to be hostile." She spoke calmly. Who I'm assuming is Ben - closed his mouth and uncrossed his arms.

"Let's introduce ourselves." A voice called out. I wasn't sure who, because I was dwindling over the people dressed like parents.

"I'll go first!" A girl with red hair and freckles called out. She clapped her hands and stood on top of a table. She was wearing a white shirt with a blue-floral tank top over it, but both shirts were tucked into some jeans, she wore generic sneakers. "I'm Amanda!" She beamed, looking down at our classmates. "I'm the ultimate Camp Counselor here!"
Ah, so that explains her loud personality. "I'm not quite sure where our teacher is gonna be.." she put her hands in a fist position and rested the fists on her hip, looking up to the ceiling. "But, I'm sure they're around somewhere." She seemed to be talking to herself now.