5// Empathy

〚 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕣〛

Sᴇᴏ Cʜᴀɴɢʙɪɴ◀︎ ❚❚ ▶︎♡ ←---○---→ ◉sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛʟɪɢʜᴛⁿᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ_______________________________

Sᴇᴏ Cʜᴀɴɢʙɪɴ
◀︎ ❚❚ ▶︎
♡ ←---○---→ ◉
sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛʟɪɢʜᴛ
ⁿᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ
_______________________________

I stayed awake throughout the night, the boy sleeping soundly. just when the sun began rising, I knew it was time.

I turned to the boy, lightly shaking his shoulder, upon seeing his face, I knew who he was immediately, and I knew it was best to move while there wasn't too much light.

"I.N.-ah, wake up,"

"mm, five more minutes Channie hyung,"

"J-" I sighed," I.N, you have to get up, it's safer to move around now,"

the boy bolted up right, his eyes wildly looking around," w-where am i?"

"it's okay I.N. we're going to get you cleaned up... safely... but you have to trust me, and do as I say... one wrong response, and you're dead, and it won't be by my hand... okay I.N? hyung's going to protect you,"

the boy nodded shyly, standing.

I tossed him my hoodie," put it on, it may be dark but the bloodstains on your white shirt won't go unnoticed,"

he nodded, slipping it over his head.

"let's go,"

I started out of the warehouse, my cap low over my face in an attempt to hide my eyes. if jeongin was caught with me, they'd know for sure he wasn't human. sirens were born to blend in with humanity, it was in their genes to look human, but their voices and inner demons were anything but. sirens could be born to a pure human family, simply by messing around with the wrong people, or pissing off the gods... thus being cursed with a child that would one day be your end. twas the way of the gods, they were vengeful beings.

moving on through the back alleys we came to the descent to Utopia.

"w-why are we going down there?"

"trust me, if I wanted to hurt you, I would have done it while you slept fetus," I grumbled, taking careful steps down," and try not to break anything, this place is like a second home,"

"the sewers?"

"it's not the sewers, it's an old subway system... the tunnel further back collapsed, but now the rubble has settled, people like us use it as a safe haven, it's called Utopia,"

"Utopia?"

"yes, Utopia. all the old subway stations have been transformed into safe places. this is one of many entrances into Utopia, many sub sectors as well. the sector we're headed to first is Wonderland, Mingi and Wooyoung will be more than willing to clean you up, afterwards we'll talk to San, and we'll go to the Neozone. Taeil will give you some clothes to wear until we can take you home,"