Chapter 2

She said, "Dad, he's a nice guy, you'd be impressed." I bet I would have been impressed too.

Children grow up so fast, in the blink of an eye. One minute they're twirling around the living room in a too-too and the next, their hearts are taken away by a young fellow that is not yet a man. All parents anticipate, as well as dread the day their daughters are whisked away in such fashion. Although, they don't know how lucky they are.

She wore a long, sapphire ball gown, smoothing the material on her hips, down. She wanted to know if I approve of the dress, "You look beautiful."

She looked different then the rest of us, black hair, black squinty eyes, yet there's a beauty to her uniqueness from the rest of the family. Everything about her screams, "She isn't mine!" oh, but I know that she is.

She would tug on my arm with all her graceful glory, "Dad the prom is still one week away, but I need to practice my dancing, so please, daddy please."

I would take one of her hands in mine and put the other on her slender hip. And I would dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms, because I know something the prince never knew. And I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms, because all too soon, the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone...