LUNCH

AUTHOR'S POV

"Jennie."

"Jennieee."

"Jennie ahhh."

"Jennie. Jennie. Jennie!"

The brown haired girl halted in her track viciously, causing the boy to bump into her.

She closed her eyes to told herself to calm down before turning around to face him.

"What?!"

"Finally," Taehyung sighed in relief. "Why have you been ignoring me these days?"

"Because I don't want to waste my time on a jerk like you, happy? Now stop following me! I need to go to class."

She was about to walk off when he stood in front of her, blocking her way, yet again.

"Listen, please," he pleaded.

She glared at him and sighed. "5 minutes."

He lightened up immediately and started apologizing.

"Look, I'm so sorry for being such a jerk to you a few days ago. I know you were just simply curious about Yoongi hyung and I don't know what has gotten into me, but I know I was wrong. My friends lectured me for a whole hour that night and I felt really bad. Please, Jennie. Forgive me. I'm really sorry for lashing out on you like that, even though you did nothing. Would you, please? I promise I won't behave like that again."

He apologized repeatedly with puppy eyes and rubbed his palms together the whole time, making Jennie softened a little. However, her devil side didn't want to give in yet. She wanted to play with him a little.

"Are you done?" she asked, boringly.

"Huh?"

"Are. You. Done."

"Oh, y-yes."

"Alright, bye."

She walked away with a tiny smile, but he didn't catch it. He caught her wrist and turned her around.

"What now?" she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"A-Aren't you going to f-forgive me?"

"I don't know. Am I?"

"Uh...yes?"

"And why should I?" she challenged.

Her arms were crossed, her left foot was tapping the cement and her right eyebrow was raised.

"Because...I'm being sincere..?" he said, nervously.

He was fidgeting with his fingers and had his head low, not daring to lift it up. He kept stealing quick glances at her while talking. Jennie found out really cute and wanted to give him a bear hug.

She cleared her throat and continued tapping her foot. She looked elsewhere and tried to talk casually.

"If you want me to accept your apology, then buy me lunch later."

"Really?!" he asked.

He was being all jumpy and swung her arm back and forth, causing her to let out a quick laugh. She quickly turned back to her cold front and walked away after clearing her throat, loudly.

"Text me when you're done with your class!"

He shouted while watching her walk away. He giggled to himself and stood there for a moment. He didn't know why he was so happy, but he didn't want to think much about it. He happily walked to class while humming.