Stiles: To fill a Void

Published: 12/1/20

———————————————————————

I had no idea what was going on nowadays. When I first moved here the teacher's warned me about Scott and his friends. They said they always skipped class and seemed to be involved with any and every crime in town. Even my parents were notified on this. But how could you know what troubles you could get yourself into when Scott and Stiles smiled at me with open arms into their group?

They also have a reputation of taking in the new kids, perfect for me. Happily I went through the crazy rush of unfolding the supernatural world and its wonders. Unfortunately it came with the cost of losing friends and interfering with deadly creatures. I never knew what would come next.

I certainly didn't expect whatever happened to Stiles... I was told to contact Scott and everyone else if I ever saw him. Stiles was out loose and it was dangerous for everybody. I considered myself the weak link in Scott's pack. What could I do without any powers? I tried to compensate as the investigator but no one could take that place away from Stiles. I missed him. I spent  most of my time with him out of everyone because we had the most classes together.

——————————————————————

It was sprinkling outside thankfully. So walking home wouldn't be too bad. I was in my last class, watching water droplets trail down the window glass next to me. When that got boring I gazed at the campus. It was empty except for the occasional staff or teacher walking about, even a couple students ditching class. But what caught my eye was a person standing completely still in the middle of the view. I couldn't make a face out, but just knew it had to be...

He was pale and wearing his usual flannel beneath his hoodie. I was looking directly at him for so long and neither of us even flinched. I was afraid and he was testing me. Stiles. My nails dig into my palms as I shifted slightly in my seat. What is he doing? I should tell the pack but I can't move.

When the bell rings everyone heads for the doors. Crowds walk outside swarming up the place. That's when he finally moves, he turns around and strolls in with the rest of the students with ease, completely blending in.

Finally the urge to move hits me and I dash out of the room, making my way outside. Anxiously searching for any pack member that comes to sight. I spot Scott and Issac discussing something.

"Scott!" I run over to him. "Stiles is here. I saw him."

"Where?" He asked intently. His arm held my shoulder.

"Right here! He was standing and then when the bell rang he walked straight pass-"

"What? That's impossible. You saw this from where?" He looked confused.

"That window I was staring at for like 5 minutes - I was in class." I pointed behind me.

Scott and Issac look at each other confused. "You couldn't see us from where you were at but Scott and I were just talking from that side over there... we could see everyone who was outside." Issac said.

"So you saw him! You let him go?"

"No Y/N, we were out here longer than you were looking through that window. We would've seen him." He explained.

"So what? He can turn invisible now?" I scoff.

"Can he?" Issac questioned.