Aashna ~ 3

Woh koi dost tha achhe dino ka
Jo pichli raat se yaad araha hai.

•••

A small aqeeqah function was held for little Rumaisa. The haveli which was in dismal from last few months, finally had some moment of happiness.

Happiness, which suffocates Meher. She couldn't be happy, no matter how much she tried to be after the birth of her baby girl, but whenever she would look at Rayyan or Rumaisa, she feel a part of her heart missing. She felt her world crumbled into pieces knowing her kids would grow up without their father.

"Aap yaha aise kyu baithi Hain?" Shehryaar found her sitting in the corner of the Haveli, from where she could look out through glass window and see the event going on outside, but she was still away from everyone's eyes.

(Why are you sitting here?)

She jumped on his voice, looking at him, she tried to smile but couldn't, her lips couldn't curved up, instead another tear came in her eyes. How much Shehryaar resemble Sahir.

Looking down to control her tears, she shook her head negatively.

"Bahar chaliye." Shehryaar suggested.

(Let's go out.)

"Dil nahi chah raha hai."

(I don't feel like.)

Shehryaar looked at her. Meher, who always adorn herself with happy and glitter colour was now wearing simple and somber colour, which doesn't show any happiness of life. Her eyes which always had kajal was now plain and dead. Her full lips were pale and chapped. Shehryaar's heart wrenching on the sight of her, all he wanted was to somehow take her pain away. But how? He doesn't have any right to do so.

"Where is Rumaisa?" Meher asked. Her voice started him, he quickly took his eyes away from her.

"She... She is with Mashal I think.." Shehryaar looked around and informed her.

"I'll get her for you." Getting up, he left to search for Mashal.

He found Mashal in kitchen, but she wasn't alone. She was with a young man, he was talking to her while Mashal was looking down. What made Shehryaar angry when saw the man aggressively holding Mashal's arm.

"What's going on here?" Making himself visible for them, Shehryaar asked in stern voice.

"Shehry!" Quickly removing the man's hand away from her, Mashal turned to him.

"Is he bothering you?" Glaring at the man, Shehryaar asked her.

"Who are you?" The man stood in front of Mashal and asked.

"I'm not talking to you.."

"Shehry," before they could talk any further, Mashal came between them.

"He is my fiancé Armaan. And, Armaan, he is Shehryaar.. aapi's..... Rayyan's uncle." Both men present there only nod their head curtly.

"I'll just come... Mashal..." Saying this with a last glance at Mashal, Armaan left.

"What you saw in him?" Shehryaar was still looking at the way from where Armaan left.

"He loves me." Mashal's voice made him turn to her.

"That's why he is little.. possessive." His eyes on her made her nervous, looking at floor, she said.

"Possessive?" Shehryaar muttered. Mashal felt as if he is taunting her.