PROLOGUE

Just like every summer, everyone wants to travel and visit new place and explore the world, just like the two best friends, Christine and Loraine, the only difference this summer was that, they did not visit the exotic ritzy places that they always do but, they decided that they visit the country side in Africa.

It is late at night when both Christine and Loraine we’re still up, watching a movie, an action movie. Christine was more enticed with what the characters were up too so, an idea popped up on her mind, her face beamed.

“I have an idea, Loraine.”
“Okay…” Loraine responded, waiting for Christine to continue.
“Let’s order something to eat online and while we are still waiting for our food to be delivered, we are going to play a game.” She said, excitedly.
“Christine, I hope this is not one of your ridiculous games.” Christine chuckled.
“You are going to love this one.” She smirks. “I’ll be right back.”
“I wonder what you are up to this time, Christie.” Loraine shakes her head.

After a while, Christine comes back, holding a revolver on her hand, making Lorain jump off from the couch in fear.

“What the hell, Christine!?” She shouts. “What are you doing with that? Where did you get it, do you know how much trouble we can get into if they find out that we have a weapon in here!?”
“Relax now, would you? This is going to be part of the game. Let’s make this holiday fun, loosen up a bit, come on!”
“No! Not until you tell me what you are going to do with a gun.”
“This is called a revolver and it carries seven bullets in but, right now there is only one bullet in” She says playing with the gun on her hands.
“I hear you blabbering but, I don’t get your point.” Loraine narrows her eyes and tilts her head.
“Follow me.”

Loraine follows Christine behind, going to the activity room. As they entered, Christine grabs an apple.

“Have you ever heard of Russian Roulette?” Christine asks.
“I don’t think I like the sound of that, I'm out.” Christine frowns.
“Wait! This is going to be fun, trust me.”
“Christine, you are crazy! I am not playing that game.”
“Look, you can start. I am going to put the apple on my head and you aim to shoot it. If one of us hit the apple, the one who didn’t tips the delivery man who will be here in… twenty minutes, ten dollars.”
“Ten dollars is a lot, I am not going to pay.” She makes puppy eyes.

Christine hands the revolver to Lorraine, who first hesitated on taking it but, eventually took it. Christine stood in position and placed the apple on her head.
“Okay, I am ready.” Loraine cocked and aimed the gun on the apple. She was quite scared and nervous but, as soon as she pulled the trigger, her body relaxed.
“Woohoo! My turn.” Christine excitedly says as they exchanged the positions. Christine was now holding the gun, aiming it on the apple on Loraine’s head. Loraine kept her eyes closed, very scared until Christine pulled the trigger… Empty shot, again.
“Whew! This game is getting more dangerous now. I don’t think I want to play anymore.” Loraine says. They changed positions again.
“Christine, I don’t want to do this, we have already had two empty shots. The game is risky.” She said that aiming the gun on the apple on Christine's head.

As Christine was about to say something, raising her head higher, Loraine pulled the trigger and the bullet flew right on Christine’s forehead, she collapse to the floor.

“Christine!” Loraine ran up to her and shook her trying to wake her up. “Christine please, wake up!” Her tears were falling profusely with the mucus.
“I am sorry Christie, come back!”

There was no way that Christine would survive the bullet on the forehead, it went in through her skull straight to the brain. Loraine pulled herself together but, could not stop herself from crying. The time was now 11pm. She went to the garage and got some shovel and went to the back of the house and dug up a hole, after she was satisfied that the whole was deep enough, she went back to the house and dragged Christine’s body on the floor, leaving blood traces then pushed Christine’s body in the hole before closing it again.

Loraine cleaned the house, more like she cleaned Christine’s blood all over where it has spilt and went to take a shower.

“I didn’t mean to.” She cried in the shower.

After the shower, she wrapped her towel around her body and another one on her hair. She sauntered down stairs, going to the kitchen. She found a box of pizza on the kitchen counter, she looked around then ate the pizza while crying.