Habits

Another Bite

Chapter 2

It has been two months since I escaped from the Alpha pack and two months since I have been living with vampires. At the moment I'm at the store getting more food since I'm the only one living there that doesn't drink blood.

Once I'm done I go to my car throwing the bags into Damon's car. But then I hear someone behind me. I put the rest of my bags in the car and turn around. Fear feels my body as I look at the person behind me. "Enis." I whimper as he smirks at me.

"Malena." He says and someone grabs me from behind. "Kali." I say as I look down to see her bare feet. Kali has both my hands behind my back with her claws digging into my arms. I growl at her with my eyes glowing.

"Oh look who's gotten a little braver." Kali sneers and then I feel something hit my head making the world go dark.

When I wake up Enis is dragging me into some kind of building. "Finally leave the bank?" I snap and Enis picks me up by my neck. I try pulling his hand off of my neck but its no use. "Put her down Enis." I hear Deucalion say and Enis let's me drop to the ground.

When I catch my breathe I catch a scent, a very familiar scent. "Derek." I whisper and Enis grabs my arm dragging me with him. "No! Please don't hurt him!" I plead with tears filling my eyes.

They ignore me as Kali takes a hold of me as Enis walks in through a door. I hear growling and shouting before Kali ties me to something and she goes in there. I stop struggling to get out when I hear Derek's pained howl. "Derek!" I scream and when I finally get untied I run through the door.

I see Derek on his hands and knees as Kali has a pole stabbed in trough his back and stomach. I try to run over to him again but Enis grabs me. "Let me go!" I growl and I see Derek's head snap over to me. "Malena." He chokes out and I hit Enis where the sun doesn't shine.

Then I slash both his arms and legs. Damon and Klaus have showed me a couple things. Then I shove my hand inside his chest and grab a hold of his heart. I scrape my claws over his heart and he stops struggling. Kali let's go of the pole that's holding Derek to come after me but I growl at her.

"One move and he's dead." I growl and she stops. I look over to the side and see a girl you looks to be my age. She looks a little like Derek so they must be related. "You are going to let her pull that pole out of my mate and then your going to leave or he dies." I command and Kali looks over at Deucalion.

"Your a lot stronger than you were two months ago Malena." Deucalion says. "Well when your friends with a vampire and a hybrid you pick up a few things." I snap and Kali goes to take out the pole but Deucalion stops her.

"She's going go kill Enis if we don't leave." Kali tells him and he just shrugs. "I suggest Deucalion that you listen to the Luna." I hear a familiar voice say behind me. I turn to see Klaus and Damon standing by the door.

"Klaus." Deucalion says and I can hear his voice tremble a little. Deucalion is scared of Klaus?! "Now leave Deucalion or I kill you." Klaus threatens and Deucalion starts walking towards the door and leaves. "Please we will leave, just don't kill him." Kali says and I see tears in her eyes.

"Now you know how I feel. Seeing your mate on the edge of death like this is unbearable." I say and I pull my hand out, leaving Enis's heart in. "Now leave!" I growl and Kali picks Enis up and leaves.

I then run over to Derek and pull the pole out quickly. Derek falls to the ground and I crotch down to him. "Derek." I whimper as I cup his face. "Malena your alive." Derek whispers and I nod with a sad smile.

"You shouldn't be alive." Derek says and I look at him confused. "It was hard enough pretending that I loved you but now I have to find another way to get rid of you." Derek growls and I back away from him. "Derek what are you talking about?" I demand and Derek smirks at me.

"Who do you think killed your mother? Who Malena? The Alpha pack?" Derek chuckles and I feel tears fill my eyes. "Well guess what Malena, I killed your mother." Derek growls and I shake me head.

"No Derek this isn't you!" I say and Derek just laughs. "But it is Malena. You were just supposed to be a one night stand but you were to needy for someone to love you." Derek sneers and tears are falling down my face.

"No!" I scream sitting up I'm my bed with tears pouring out of my eyes. Soon Damon is by my side trying to calm me down. I have been having nightmares like this since I stared living with Damon and Stefan. I don't know why I keep having them.

"Damon I don't why I keep having these dreams." I sob into his chest as he holds me close. "Klaus may know." He whispers and I nod. Damon gets up to leave but I grab his arm. "Can you stay?" I ask him and he nods and lays down on the bed. I curl up next to him and lay my head on his bare chest. But then I feel a lot of power rush through my veins.

****************

Derek looks at the sick young teenage girl laying on his bed. After Peter had told him how save her he has be pondering about what to do. Peter doesn't think he should because it will take away his Alpha power and he would have to fight Kali as a Beta.

Derek doesn't care about power anymore. Power is what started this whole mess. Power changed Derek. Made him selfish, cocky, and a very bad Alpha. Derek gently takes Cora's hand and starts taking her pain away.

Derek keeps taking her pain just like Peter told him. Soon Derek's eyes glow a scarlet red and his fangs extend. Derek looks up at the ceiling letting out roar as his scarlet eyes turn a cold, piercing blue.