Chapter 2

It had been a few days since I found out I had some special kind of "gift", at least that's what Piper continue's to tell me. But this wasn't just any healing power, it didn't work on little things like a scrape
or a small cut, it has to do with something mental. If the mental pain becomes physical pain, then I can heal both. The reason I found this out was because Piper got a scrape from riding his skateboard, and of course road burn is painful, so he told me to heal it, and I realized it didn't work.

Ever since the incident happened with Piper, he has been so much happier. It's like I literally embraced the sadness out of him. But recently, I've been feeling it. I've been going through it. It's an overwhelming pain but it only happens once in a while. It's like a sharp pain in my heart that leaves me breathless and gets me to tear up but then it disappears. It's like the pain I had when I saw Piper but less constant and extremely random.

     I've spent nights without sleep trying to do research on what I have or my ability and the same thing that comes up is superheroes and all of it being fiction. But the truth is, it's not fiction. I'm not someone who fights villains or can fly, but I can heal and that's not something normal. My issue is knowing how to control it, and who it works on.

     "You're going to be like the next Aqua man, or Wonder Woman, but like real!" Piper looks at me with an ecstatic face.

      "Maybe you can fly!" he says making a flying pose.

     "Okay relax, I can't fly!" I say rolling my eyes at him.

     "How do you know? Have you tried?" He says with a smirk.

     "No, but I'm still sure I can't fly." I chuckle.

     "I'm sorry by the way..." his face goes serious.

     Though I kind of figure what he's talking about, I look at him semi confused.

     "I'm sure it wasn't easy seeing me at my worst. It must of been scary and overwhelming."

     "Honestly...it scared the shit out of me. To think I wouldn't have my best friend here anymore it hurt like hell." I start thinking about seeing him and my heart starts with the sharp pain again.  I gasp for air and hold my chest and Piper runs close and holds me close to him.

    "Are you okay!!? What's wrong!?!" He looks worried.

    "I ..." feeling so breathless I can barely talk. I look at him and I can feel my face show worry and fear.

     Piper sits me on my bed and once he sees my body relax a little my sharp pain goes away and I can breath again.

     "What was that? Do you need me to call 911?" He says confused and somewhat shocked.

     "I don't know. I keep getting these episodes. It's similar to when I found you but it's not constant." 

     "I promise I'm not going to do it again! I'm sorry, no need to feel pain for me." He says waving his hands in my face frantically.

     "I can't control it." Tears well up in my eyes.

     "Do you think it's about someone else? Do you think you're going to save someone else and your body is telling you?"

      "Like who? I don't want to go through a scene like that again! Almost losing my bestie was hard enough." I say not realizing it sounds kind of numb or emotionless. 

     "I'm sorry..." he says giving me a sincere look.

     "No Pipes I am, that was rude!"

     "I really mean it I'm not gonna do it again!"

     "I believe you. But if not you...who?" I start to think worryingly.

     Who could possibly be the person I need to heal next? I need to know. No on around me has shown signs of sadness or anxiety or even being sick. But maybe I'm blind. My own best friend was depressed and I didn't even know. But is this my life now? Investigating and overthinking everyone's thoughts, feelings and gestures?

     Uh oh, there goes my heart again.