Chapter Three

***TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains references to smoking, and eating disorders. Reader discretion is advised.***

Bevvy's POV:

"Alright, this is where we usually take our breaks." Nell said, grabbing a hoodie that looked much too large for her from the office and sliding it on as she pushed it open. I was led out to a small fenced off area with a little table and an ash tray placed in the center. Around it were a few scattered folding chairs, none of which seemed to match. Nell glided over to the table and pulled out a chair. As she sat down, her hand reached into the pocket of her oversized hoodie, and retrieved a pack of cigarets.

"You want one?" She asked, unwrapping the fresh pack and tapping out a cigarette with practiced fingers. She must have seen my surprise gave sent me a wry smile.

"I'm on the Ballerina Diet. Cigarettes and Orange Juice." She said casually.

"But why? It's not like you need to be on any sort of diet!"

Nell shrugged and continued to search her pockets for what I assumed was a lighter.

"Shit!" she hissed, "I must've forgot mine at home. Bevvy, I'm guessing you don't have a light?" I shook my head. "Well, it was worth a shot-"

"I've got one, here." Mason interrupted, as he stepped out onto the makeshift patio. Nell smiled, looking almost relieved as she stood up and made her way over. Placing the cigarette carefully between her lips she leaned forward, her eyes focused intently on Mason as he lit it for her. The tip burned bright while she took a long drag.

"You want one too?" She asked, already tapping one out as she exhaled smoke out from the corner of her mouth.

"Yeah." Mason muttered. I watched him slide the cigarette between his lips and light it. We stood in awkward silence as the two of them continued to smoke. I was hyper aware of my body as Mason shifted, stepping closer towards me.

"So, what's wrong Mase, you only ever smoke when you've got troubles." Nell asked finally breaking the silence.

Mason tilted his head back and closed his eyes as he exhaled a large cloud of smoke into the air, before.

"Elli left." He sighed, his voice thick with remorse.

Nells eyes softened. "Mason, I'm sorry...-"

"It's fine." he said, cutting her off. I wasn't sure but for a moment I could've sworn I saw anger flash across his face.

"Well, I didn't know Ellie was dating anyone." I cut in. Both of them looked at me in surprise, as if they'd forgotten I was even here.

"Oh, um yeah. We've been-, we were dating for the past four years." Mason finished, taking another, shaky drag from the cigarette.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I whispered.

"It's fine." He said dismissively. "Anyways, I'm more curious about you Bevvy."

"Me?" I asked, "why are you curious about me?"