Heavenly Haven

"Try me.
This is a torch song.
Touch me
and you'll burn."
— Margaret Atwood

Raised as a Fire National, Naan bears the weight of seeing the nation through to its end.

To bring her plan to fruition, she concealed her ambitions from prying eyes. She swore fealty to men that terrorized the innocent. She endured every hardship imaginable to guarantee she outlived her foes. Not once did her loyalty waver. And she never hesitated when it comes to sacrificing pieces of her for the sake of greater good. Or that's what Naan had anticipated. 

Until the ruins of war led her to a calamity that intertwined many a kindred spirits; among them were hers and a destined nemesis. Such adversity began interfering with the goal she was born to achieve. So much so, she finally decided to bury her past and devote herself to a single soul. 

Which is why, as of late, Naan has trouble deciding whether or not the whole of humanity was worth giving up her own. All in the name of the one thing that's never promised, love.

"I suppose nobody ever lived to tell the tale. But when you build enough traps to corner your enemies, you're bound to lose your way out the mess you made. They... They were the baited snare I didn't notice... Truth is I never made peace. Not with my blood nor the ones on my hand. That hatred has long scorched a hole straight through my lungs... Right now, I 'breathe' them. So before humans are made out of clay and the sky crumbles to the ground like sand, I am theirs. If the world needs to burn in order for me to salvage whatever is left of them, then be it."

Disclaimer:
I do not own the materials used in the creation of any past and future adaptation of the series,
Avatar: The Last Airbender. All rights are reserved to Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, and members that took part in the making of characters, plot, and history of the Avatar World. 

I do, however, have rights to the original characters, Naan and You Li, and any plot not directly following the show, comics or books. Additionally, my interpretation of consists of various non-canon events and pieces of history. So please be aware that I am merely trying to flesh out the characters and world-building, and never would dare to claim these head-canons as true.

Another notice:
My mother tongue is not English, so if you happen to find any grammatical errors, please feel free to comment or message me. Of course, I will always try my best to thoroughly edit my stories before posting them, but it is human to make mistakes and miss a few places. Happy reading, hope you enjoy!