Backstory

5 years have passed. I've always loved going out, towards the angels and devils barrier, but I've never told my parents. I never liked being grounded, and I never will. No one came to the barrier, neither have I seen a single person there, so I didn't have to worry about being exposed.

But one day I saw a little boy walking towards the barrier. He seemed around my age, just a bit younger. ,,Hello..?". I replied with a sigh. "Hello." He smiled at me. His smile was full of purity and innocence. I saw something white behind him. I was a bit shocked to find out they were angel wings. I didn't know that angels have lived. I've read many books before and one said ,,Wars have quieted down as angels died out and stopped multiplying." I guess it lied. We talked and I guess he considered me as his friend, but me? I only considered him as my next target. The next day we met, I lend him my hand. ''Come with me. I want you to stay. Become one of us.." I smiled. He hesitated, but he was excited, nonetheless. When he took my hand I pulled him towards me. I didn't let him go back to his side for days. When I got bored of him I just pushed him back in there. Of course, when he came home he got in a lot of trouble, so did it. A few more years have passed and I haven't visited the barrier since then. On my 16th birthday, I wanted to see if anything has changed, so I went. I sat there for a while, but I got bored so I got up, but before I started to walk away I saw a boy. He seemed familiar. Just like that other little boy. It could be him, but... He hasn't changed much. We just stood there, staring at each other. Something... didn't feel right... He.. gave me that sinful, yet so pure and innocent vibe. He smiled and that just sent chills down my spine. I wasn't sure, should I run or stay..? Even if I chose, I couldn't move. I could just stare at him.

''Hello." He gave me that look. That look that said ''You can't escape now." I was starting to get scared. "Do you remember me?" He asked as he came closer. I suddenly find myself moving towards him, but I was getting closer to the edge. When I reached it, I stopped. I was doing exactly what he did. When he sat down, I did it too. He got me paralyzed. He... was... controlling me... As he lends his hand to me I looked at it. He wanted to trick me. The same way I tricked him. ,,Become one of us." I was already scared. My parents said since I'm older now I can go anywhere, but I don't think they meant I can go to the angels' side too. "There's nothing to fear. There's nowhere to go." I knew that if I went with him, I wouldn't be able to go back to the devils' side. I'd need his help. I reached out to his hand as if I didn't care. ...But I did... I took his hand and he pulled me in. 

''Now you have to stay with me." Stay with him? But... I didn't want to leave my home. My side. He started leading me away from the devils' side as I looked behind me.

He leads me to a big mansion, but it was nothing new to me as I, myself, lived in one, but... I didn't know he was the king and queen's son. I looked at him as he was opening the door.

''Mom, dad, I'm home." But there's no response. Maybe they're not home? ''Strange. They're always here. Now to think of a way to keep you, but let you feel at home." He turned to me and smiled. I didn't feel comfortable at all. ''Why aren't you saying anything? I just wanted to meet you." 

I finally said something. ''I know this is just a payback for when we were kids." I pulled away from him. ,,Maybe. But you also seem interesting. You give me princess vibes." He started laughing. ''That's because I am a princess." After I said that his expression changed and he wasn't laughing anymore. ''Wow, I took the princess." He seemed shocked. ''Well, we can't keep you in the mansion all day. You need to study still, but my parents are always busy with other things. So you'll have to visit my school. Isn't that exciting?" He smiled at me once again. A school full of angels? Oh, hell yeah! More people to target. 

"Yeah, sure." The boy looks confused at me then shook his head. "So, my name is Sam." He held out his hand to me. I shook it. "Kiara."

Since then I've been going to his school and he has been protecting me from bad things. I thought I could probably pay him back, so I protected him as well. It seemed like we started to care about each other and become real friends. We had our fun times and jokes, but I was starting to become homesick. I asked when I can go back home, but he didn't let me. I begged and begged, then he said I can go home in one condition... I had to do whatever he wanted me to do for one year. I agreed, but little did I know he got way too attached to me.