Duckies and Bread

Yep, she liked Makoto Naegi. She wondered how she liked him, where she developed feelings, but then thought back to the event that changed her life.

*Timeskip brought to you by mondo butter*

"Makoto! Wait up" the 12 year old kirigiri said.
"Look! The pond has DUCKS!" Makoto said with a chuckle.
Kirigiri had the bread in her hand and makotos hand in the other.
Kirigiri didnt think anything of holding her best friends hand. She was his planning to feed the ducks with Makoto, and Makoto agreed to it. They went to the local park because the pond was full of ducks there. They reached the pond and kirigiri handed Makoto some bread. She ripped the bread into pieces and fed it to the ducks. "This is kinda fun!" Kyoko said with a big grin on her face.
"Woah, this is unstable here, we bette- AAAAAAH" Kyoko said as she fell into the water. Now, I should tell you, the water was pretty deep for a pond, but couldnt be a lake, it's too small. At this time, Kyoko couldnt swim so all you'd see is this 12 year old child flailing her arms screaming. Makoto took a few seconds to process what happened.
Kyoko was underwater now struggling for her life.
Makoto jumped in and grabbed her hand and brought her to the grass. It took kyoko 3 minutes to wake up. Makoto just layed there with kyoko, hugging her tight. He didnt want his best friend to drown. When Kyoko woke up she felt naegis embrace around her. She felt...warm and soft, like the situation didnt matter anymore. She felt...good. she didnt want the "hug" to end. She hugged back and they stayed there like that for a few minutes, then makoto brought himself up and blushed a lot. "I'm sorry I dont know what got into me-" kyoko shut him up with a kiss on the cheek. She realized what she'd done and blushed too. They agreed to go home and dry off.

Kyoko sighed.
He was just so cute, and funny...and he lived rent free in her mind. She thought about him 24/7. How he saved her life, how he made her so happy when no one else could. It's like he was the only person who could get her to feel any emotion.
She checked the time, it was 5:53. She had to get ready for school. She stood up slowly and showered. She got dressed in her usual outfit,
It was now 6:34. She walked downstairs from her room and grabbed some toast on a plate her father made her. "Kyoko! Dont forget to grab breakfast on your way out." Her father yelled. "Thanks dad!" And she walked out.
She reached the bus minutes before it would take off. She climbed on and sat next to her bff, Aoi.

"Sooo..hows makoto doing?"
"What do you mean?"
"Ya know...in your dreams"
"How do you know my dreams!?"
"Hahah! You exposed yourself! I didn't know! Hahah!"
Kyoko blushed really hard and look down.
"You didnt braid your hair today, mind if I do it?"
"Fine."
Aoi happily braided her hair. Kyoko kinda liked it.
After Aoi braided her hair Kyoko asked "Do you think he'll ever like me back? I'm just a nobody." Aoi frowned. "No you're not! You're a great friend! I'm sure he likes you in some way." Great. Aoi implied that Makoto probably only liked her as a friend! Not the words of encouragement she needed, but she was thankful. "Sakura said today shes bringing donuts for me! Shes so sweet isnt she?" Kyoko knew Sakura had a crush on Aoi, but how did Aoi not even seem to notice? "Yeah, shes a very kind soul. She may look scary at first but once you get to know her shes..kinda nice." Kyoko said. Then after 5 minutes of silence Kyoko heard from behind her "Kyoko! I didnt see you there!" It was the voice of chihiro. Huh? Chihiro? Kyoko turned and around and naegi was covering chihiros mouth. "Mmmm!Mmmm!" Kyoko didnt notice the Blush on Makotos face and thought Makoto was just trying to get the girl to sit down
______________________________________
Authors note: ik chihiro isnt a girl, just for the story!