8

Luna, Klaus, their twins, and Elijah had all made it back to the house that they had decided to stay in during their time in Mystic Falls

Luna, Klaus, their twins, and Elijah had all made it back to the house that they had decided to stay in during their time in Mystic Falls. Elijah had a face that his siblings had not seen in a long time, he was sulking.

In the moments that the two had spent together, Elijah and Stella had created a connection that he could not ignore. There was no way that he could try to ignore these feelings, no matter how minuscule they are.

"I assume that everything went well?" Rebekah Mikaelson stated as she was walked outside the house to greet her family.

"Yeah, the kids love the school," Luna replied with a smile on her face.

The twins Henrik and Hope had both rushed into the house to be able to go to their rooms. They had a great time from what they had seen of the school, and they were excited to experience something normal like school.

"So do we," Klaus added on.

Klaus looked as though he was mentally drained from what had occurred during the day. Coming back to Mystic Falls was one thing, but seeing so many people from before he had children was mentally draining for him.

Elijah was still silent.

It was not odd for their brother to be silent though, but this silence was different.

"So what's wrong with Elijah?" Rebekah asked.

Elijah was feeling like there was a hole in his heart, and he had no clue why. When Stella had stated that she wanted to meet, he was excited, but now he was feeling dejected.

"Elijah met a girl," Klaus spoke in a teasing tone.

Klaus, in no way, did he expect Elijah to meet a woman that he would feel drawn to. The moment that the two had met, there was a connection that not even Klaus could deny in any way possible.

"But I do not know why he is so upset now," Luna had added on to what Klaus had said. 

Then, both Hope and Henrik had called out for their mother.

"Mommy!" 

"Coming!" Luna replied. 

She gave Klaus a look of mock exasperation which had then shifted to a smile in his direction. They were happy with their lives, and there was nothing that they would change about it. Now, with the school decided for their children, they can live a domestic life for some time with the rest of their family present with them as well.

"It's nothing," Elijah stated.

"It does not sound like it is nothing," Rebekah replied.

Rebekah had crossed her arms and was looking at Elijah with a pointed look, as though she was telling him that he could not get away with lying to her. Which was true for the matter, Rebekah was good at getting what she wanted, no matter the cost sometimes.

"I need to go," Elijah stated.

He was using this excuse to leave Rebekah at home, leaving the conversation that Elijah knew was going to happen no matter what he had tried to do to avoid the conversation.  Elijah had begun to move towards the door, attempting to leave the house as fast as he could, of course, without arousing any suspicion.  

"Not so fast brother, I want to know what is going on," Rebekah stated.

Elijah had sighed as he had stopped from moving towards the door, as though he was a child who had been caught sneaking out.

"Fine sister, since you are so curious about this," Elijah stated.

Then, Elijah had begun to speak about the feelings that he has for the woman that he had met at the Salvatore school.