Chapter 8

Eren's P.O.V:

"Uh, Levi? What was that?" I asked quietly. Glancing back behind us.

"I don't know."

"Are you sure? You seemed to know it was coming."

The raven glanced over at me. His face was contorted into that of angriness. "I don't know. Okay?"

I decided to drop the conversation and leaned on my hand. Blinking at the passing trees and other landscape. We were fairly far from where I lived.

"Levi, do you happen to have a phone charger by any chance?" I asked after realizing I had completely forgotten about the issue.

"Yeah. It's at my place, though."

"Can we get it? I need one, and Mikasa won't give hers to me for the time being. She's been bitchy lately."

"Sure."

We continued to drive for what seemed like hours, and I became very tired. Almost nodding off a couple times. Levi noticed this and told me to not fall asleep. I can't help it.

"Okay, Eren. We're here. Get the hell up before I leave you in here."

I groaned and looked up. We were in front of a motel building. It looked slightly junky.

"I'd expect you to pick a better place?"

"Hey, touring isn't fun unless you make it fun. We're extremely lucky we get to have a break from all the moving around. Sometimes we sleep on the fucking ground."

I blinked in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah. Now c'mon. Bad people are around here."

The man basically pulled me out of the car and rushed me over to a door, which he unlocked with a key and shoved me inside before shutting the door and locking it.

The room was slightly cold, and was small. It had a standard bed, a boxy TV, some shelves, a puny table with two chairs, and a bathroom. There was a cooler shoved under the table, but I'm fairly certain that was Levi's.

I sat down on the bed and fucked around with the TV and its remote. Trying to find a nice channel to watch.

"Hey, who the hell said you could get on the TV?" Levi asked. His hands on his hips in an exaggerated manner.

"I did."

The raven scoffed. "I need to take a shower. Look for the charger yourself. I'm not sure where I put it, so I'll let you find it." Levi walked over to the bathroom and shut the door.

I started looking around. All the power outlets didn't have a charger, all the shelves contained no charger, the bed didn't have it somewhere, the floor had not a single trace of it, hell, even the cooler didn't have it.

I gave up and decided to watch the news, which was on after finding only fuzzy channels.

"Reports say the man was stabbed to death by someone, who managed to leave no trace of themselves behind for us to track them. It is unknown whether or not gangs were involved, but the police say that the most people who are murdered are usually killed somewhere during the night, and sometimes have a certain tattoo on their right upper arm."

Hey. That's the place we were at. He knew...but how? He doesn't live here, so why would he know about that mysterious murderer?

I shook off the thought, knowing I was most likely stressing over a coincidence, but still.

It seems strange.

~Timeskip brought to you by Coca-Cola Pepsi~

3rd Person: