Khaos: the Hermit

D-...

Athanasia happily waved hello to the giggling maids that passed her by in the hall, carrying baskets of clothes, handing over her soaked cloak to the butler waiting at the entrance of the main palace. 

Divesting herself of her snow covered boots, she and daddy change into thin slippers that were set before them, before heading towards their room for a well earned rest.

Felix beside them, his uniform still as clean as ever, magic really was handy at times like this. The short period for which she wasn't able to use it had made her more uncomfortable than she had initially realized. 

She had gotten so used to using her magic that it felt a piece of her had been locked away, and she wasn't able to touch it.

She breathes everything in, the crisp scent of the frosty outside air mingling with the slight warmth of the palace, not too warm and not too cold, the palace always felt like home, but even more so now after such a tiring day.

Her mana rushing around her, dancing over her hair, her arms. Feeling it in the tingle that came from her hands as she rubbed her waist over her shirt, her own warmth making her sigh as it seeped into her skin. 

It swirled as if it were a panting puppy at her feet. Eager to please as it warmed her up from the inside, the subtle taste of sugared cherries upon her tongue.

Athanasia rubs her arms, stretching them out in front of her, and she sees Jennette run towards them, heels clacking along. 

"Oh good god, not now!  I'm not in the mood for this-" 

Athanasia felt her hand tighten imperceptibly on her wrist as she darkly muttered the words under her breath, and he doesn't even have to glance at her to know what she was feeling.

Watching the insufferable annoyance speedily make her way to them with a wide grin, he felt the same as she did. Absolutely disgusted. And she hadn't even done anything to them yet. 

Athanasia's smile speedily plastered itself onto her face, still keeping up appearances like she planned, and she just wanted to be done with whatever Jennette had planned. 

Jennette finally reached them, and Athanasia graciously accepted Jennette's curtsy, and surprisingly, Jennette let them be. 

Keeping her head bowed after moving to the side, out of their way, and they reached the office without any other problems.

It was odd. Strange, peculiar, all of the above. 

She shouldn't hope that it was the end, but she of course, couldn't help but wonder if Jennette was finally toning down her eagerness towards the two of them. 

She shook her head, loosening her ribbon from her hair and sighing in relief as the ache ceased. 

Fluffing her hair out, she can't help but think there was something else, something coming towards them- and whether that would be something of Jennette's doing or someone else's is left to be seen.

Athanasia watched papa move around the room. He wasn't too tired or anything, she had seen him when he was exhausted, and that wasn't it. She leaned over and patted his arm soothingly. 

He leaned against her hand, breathing steady and she sighed, tiredness threatening to overwhelm her before she could even collapse onto the couch for some tea.

She turns around, feeling him pat her hair in thanks, and started getting comfortable to his right, as she spotted the tea with just the right amount of steam rising off the surface.