CHAPTER 8

//CHAPTER 8

“BE CAREFUL MAMÁ” Benedict said to Isabella while holding it’s arm and helping to get into the Velez households after Isabella were discharged now in the hospital which Katalina gratefully appreciated.

The whole household was quiet when they entered. Katalina accidentally brought her gaze to their family picture which was taken years ago, it’s on the right side of the wall of the living room. Pinasadahan ng tingin ni Lina ang bawat mukha na nasa isang malaking kuwadro, simula sa kanyang lolo't-lola, kanyang magulang at sa kanilang magkakapatid. Lahat sila'y nakangiti habang sya lang ang natatanging hindi nakangiti. Lina sighed and averted her gaze.

“Lina…” Antonio said.

Si?” Baling ni Lina sa ama.

Huminga ng malalim si Antonio ng makitang walang kagana-gana ang itsura ng anak. Nilapitan nya ang anak at niyakap.

“Gracias…for convincing your brother to stay for awhile.”

Surprised though, Lina nod at her father.

“Say something sweetheart.”

Napailing nalang si Lina. “Okay.”

Antonio slightly chuckles and let go of the hug and stared at his daughter. “My daughter is getting old now.”

Kumunot ang noo ni Lina sa ama. “Don’t start pa.”

Napatawa si Antonio at napailing-iling. “ Bien…I'll be with your mom. See you around.” Then tapped his daughter shoulder before he left.

Lina was looking at her father who's walking away, of all sudden when a memory enters her mind.

PAPÁ! POR FAVOR, ENCUENTRA A MI AMIGA!”(PLEASE, FIND MY FRIEND!), A young Katalina begs to her father. Antonio walks away because he can’t stand anymore to see his daughter crying for a person that his daughter loss, earlier morning when a police officers called telling them that Katalina was called them yesterday begging to find her friend.

Katalina cried while running through the staircase and locked herself in her room. Lina cried in the corner on her room, hugging her both knees. She couldn’t accept on what’s her father did, he walks away that makes Katalina so sad.

Still crying, a door suddenly open revealing Isabella her mother who's walking now towards Katalina who didn’t even gave a glanced. Isabella hug her daughter and comforting it, She heard her daughter sobs earlier when she opened the door through keys. Isabella felt so sad because she doesn’t know that Katalina has already a friend and her daughter never introduced a friend neither someone.

Katalina felt that her mother comforting her but it doesn’t less the pain she’s in now. Lina wiped her tears. “Gracias mamá, I'll just rest.” Then stood up and lay down in the bed.

She felt her mother presence seconds later, Lina felt a kissed on the top of her head and the sound of the door closed. Lina closed her eyes and take a deep breath.

“I'm sorry” bulong nya bago sya hinala ng pagtulog.

BENEDICT JUST starring afar at her sister Who’s silent and just looking at nowhere. What he sees now it kinda what happened years ago, he felt a sudden fear. What’s wrong Lina?

Benedict sighed at naglakad papunta sa kapatid. “What’s wrong?”.

Napatalon bahagya si Lina at napabaling kay Benedict na seryoso ang mukha at diretso ang tingin sa kanya. “pardon?”.