(Max) Chapter 2: Nope! Not normal at all!

Alright hand over the mic Bibi, my turn to speak. Hey, hi, salut, bonjour, and how are you doing? Max here, hero of Supercity, the flashier flash, and also sponsor of galaxy arena where we're now giving free sippy cups if you arrive on your child's 7th birthday! (If Bibi wants to start this sponsorship war again, IT'S ON). So how to start this now? Hmm.... oh yeah! How about the fact that I started my morning feeling as dead as a rug. It was a New Year party and he posted it a little too early.

Too early as in 6AM too early. I woke up to hear that aggravating *ding* on my phone.

I groaned flipping a pillow on my head. "Nooooo... five more minutes" I whined. I started swiping the air next to me like I was aiming for an alarm clock.

Oh yeah, I was a delirious mess. You normally expect my mornings to be like Emmet's from that dumb LEGO movie but nope. I usually had a sip of energy drink every hour or so, add that with a whole bottle in the morning, and a dozen more bottles if I participated in matches. With that amount, it's quite clear that I was somewhat dependent on it. The fact that I had five cups yesterday midnight to deal with two robberies and a massive mafia shootout with police and everything didn't help.

So I was currently in the state of a massive sugar drop, drool was pooled on one side of the pillow and I could already tell my hair was a hurricane. My breath smelt like Gatorade mixed with vomit. I wanted so badly to stay in bed, but *sigh* duty calls (also the other kind of duty... ew).

With all the strength left in my half conscious body. I heroically cracked one eye open, groaned again, pulled what was still alive, reached a hand out of the bedsheets, and saw this.

"Hey Max, just wanted to let u know, I decided to open a party for New Years and guess what? Ur invited! Bring presents if u can! Come whenever u want, Kay? (Oh, and pls don't drink energy drink today, pls? It always bugs me and today is special :) )"
6:01 AM

Great, this guy invites me to a party the day it's happening, which gives me less than 10 hours to get a present, go to the arcade which might take eight hours, then attend another party that lasts all the way past midnight, all without an energy drink, which I consume daily and about 20 times a day. Sure why not?

Well I wasn't going to participate in any battles so how hard could it be? Just one day, right? Plus I did it before, I wasn't completely reliant on it. After several hours of going back to sleep, and sorting myself out (and doing my business... again ew). I put on my suit, managed to at least get my hair straight and got on my helmet with tripping down the stairs. I texted him that I'd be there as soon as possible before I shoved my phone inside my pocket. I started the long trip to Rico's toy store

...

It was 12:43, so I naturally had to hurry, which would normally be what I'm great at. Unfortunately driving wasn't an option, as I probably swerve myself into a building. I didn't own a bike and I didn't feel like spending the money for a bus or transit. So I had to walk, but my brain took it more like hobbling as we shuffled along the sidewalk. What I meant by sorting myself, it means making sure I can actually move.

So I knew I was still in bad shape. My hair was just a tornado of dye barely covered by my helmet (Yes, I dye my hair), I had pure red eyes that matched perfectly with my pale complexion like an extra from the walking dead, and my brain was just on the OOF channel. It was the best I could do, but without any boost I felt as dead as a rug. As I sauntered blindly into lamp posts and trees. I couldn't see very well, but if weird looks were audible, I heard a lot of them.