Chapter - 5

Read the note at the end.

||•||

It was early morning at six when Khwaab slowly came into her senses. Struggling for few minutes she opened her eyes and noticed the surroundings.

It was a dark, huge room with many beds around. They looked like hospital beds.

Damn that blast!!! She was alive?
Who saved her? How come she's here?

Her mind bombarded with so many questions and she slowly got up on her own and sat on the bed.

A shooting pain ran through her head and she held it quickly groaning in pain.

The gates opened revealing a man in doctors' uniform. It wasn't hard for her to know that he was the one who treated her.

"Morning lady" Doctor Neil greeted her and moved to her side, taking a glass of water along with medicines he forwarded it to Khwaab.

Khwaab without a single question gulped the medicines.

"Can I know in which hospital I am?" Khwaab questioned the doctor after keeping the empty glass on the table beside her bed.

"You're in IAF station, Kashmir." The doctor replied to her with a proud glint in his eyes.

Khwaab felt really happy after listening to this. She was close to her Ayan Papa.

Wait!! What if he knows that she's here and that too in this state. She'll be dead and damn those freaking long lectures.

Even if they were for her but she wasn't a kid after all.

"How did I come here? I thought I died last night." Khwaab could not help asking the doctor about how she got saved.

"Squadron Leader Aahnik Singh Rathore saved you." A voice very known to Khwaab replied before the doctor could reply.

Khwaab's head snapped in the direction of the voice, and her eyes stopped at the man in front of her.

"Papa" Khwaab squealed like a kid and was going to get up from her bed to embrace her dear Ayan Papa when Ayan in few long strides reached to her and stopped her from getting down from the bed.

"Khwaab you're not recovered yet, so stop jumping like a kid and stay on the bed." Khwaab frowned at him.

"What?" Ayan questioned her raising his eyes to which Khwaab made a sad pout.

"You better follow my instructions, I've yet not told your father and be thankful about that." Ayan tried to be firm but was failing because no matter how strict he was with others, in front of Khwaab he always melted like butter.

"But on a serious note, you scared me and I don't know what would have had happened if Aahnik would not have reached there at the right time." Khwaab noticed the proud glint in Ayan's eyes at the mention of this certain someone's name starting with A and ending at K.

"You seem to be very fond of your dear Aahnik." Khwaab made an irritated expression but wasn't really irritated. It was her way to know about her savior because she didn't want to become a topic of tease in front of her papa.

Her Ayan Papa was worst when it came to teasing and leg-pulling, he even used to leave her friends behind and tease the hell out off here at another level.

"You don't need to be jealous or irritated by the boy. He's really warm and sweet, I'm sure you would like him once you meet him." Ayan knew her too well to not notice that his daughter was playing games with him.