1

here we go,

XX00,

The final cartridge of ships that was heading to Mars, finally, left Earth. Leaving the rest of the 90% of the population in this shitty dying world. You see, the 10% of the population are heading to Mars as we speak, they consist of highly trained, witted, and possibly the strongest, mentally and physically, prepared individuals. From farmers to cooks, to mechanics and so on, et certra. They couldn't take everyone to the new world, they stated that, "We have limited resources and because of this limit, we can only take limited people to the new world, we need a strong base to hold the building of humanity," or something between those lines. Anyways, this, of course, caused an outrage, massive rebellions spread through peaceful protest and violence, it was quite a sight to see.

But once the ships left Earth, the world knew, they're not coming back.

So what did they do?

Did they panicked?

Lived normally and pretended it never happened?

Well, not exactly.

They partied, they drank their problems away, it was a college party but including the whole world! Underage drinkers in the streets, mass robberies through stores, murders on innocents or maybe not, and heck, even sex on the streets because why not, they were on a dying planet! They were going to die anyways.

XX01,

After a year of this massive party, people tried to go back to normal, do jobs, get paid, try to, you know, go back. But because of the mass littering, destruction and some buildings reeked with alcohol and mostly smelling like a public bathroom, it was hard for them to rewind. So, being imperfect humans they're, they went for,

the strongest survives or natural selection, per say.

People started to get a hold of weapons, gangs rival against others, people barely coming to the streets unless they were starving. After a few months at this time, the internet cut down as well, so that caused more people to be in the streets and join in this massiure.Finally a group of gangs took control of, not the world, the US for a moment of time. They were feared by everyone, it was like Voldemort and the wizarding world. They feared this group, but one day the group of gangs disappeared out of thin air. Their endless terror gone,

XX50,

Now, that's a massive year leap, but nothing really important happened at the time,

vandalizes happened, murder, robberies etc.

But also, they was a hierarchy that started to take place and on top of that hierarchy were farmers,

surprising but it's actually not,

something you should know as a human is that we all need to eat food, it's something we can't live without or avoid; that was a problem during this time. No one wanted to do anything unless it was paid or they got something in return. But if you happened to be a farmer and you have the skills you can make a huge impression, no one would want to kill you because of course, they needed you to survive, you can trade for money or weapons, et certa. It was like back in the old days, where civilization happened near farms because farms were important and the main base or if you have oreos, you're the cool kid in school. Furthermore, families that have their wives or husband as a farmer prosper, the main advice from parents if you're dating is DATE A FARMER, of course. But what happened to the ones that were less fortunate, well they moved to dumps, places where it reeked with spoiled food and such, but why?

Rats,

Dogs,

Cats,

Food.

It was simple, yet effective.

XX99,

This was considered strange, the world survived this long, this doesn't make sense. Oh, I forgot to mention that everyone gave up jobs, I think I told you this before. So, pollution or other factories were shut down at the time so the world was somehow slowly dying, very slowly. If the factories were still active well they'll be dead right now from the lack of air. I mean right now it's still bad but it's still survivable in a harsh way. Anyways, back to the story, this was also the time where a young male boy, around his 20-ish. It's pretty unknown, he marks himself as a conductor and you'll know why in a second. He was the son of a programmer, Mr. Anderson, from the Mars project but his father couldn't go to mars because he sadly had a heart disease, this devastated him. So after the ships left, he went on a streak per say and let's just say that there are 12 other children that are his sons or daughters. The conductor finally created a virtual reality and reactivated the internet after 20 years of studying and creating the Station[ the name of the virtual reality gateway]. The conductor also had a partner, who stayed anonymous during the public announcement, this partner created the headset to connect the usar consciousness to the Station. [ You can feel, taste, see, and even smell in the virtual reality, it triggers the brain to believe it but it doesn't affect the body once you take the headset off,] So, it suddenly got mass popularity, it was an escape from reality. Everyone at least has one headset or experienced one, the Station is like a big Neo city, but more clean and very bright, it has bars, shopping, etc and you can get coins from different types of quests, that can give you certain items, clothing, or you can convert them in real life money. Also it has multicultural cities as well, so everyone can feel welcomed. But it was also popular from the large selection games there, the most popular one was called Minecraft. You can learn different skills such as farming, fighting or mining, and the environment was unbelievably realistic as well, it was like Earth but less inhabited. A few years later, they released a Multiplayer option, where you can play on servers, which was twice as fun, focusing more on the concepts of fighting, and parkour etc. You can play with other players and customize your avatar and sometimes participate in huge tournaments for huge amounts of cash and items. Blah Blah, this is getting too long.

So, This is where our story is going to start.

A young male boy, living in a small town near a small dump, with his mom, sister, and a small dog that was found in that dump.

Dave Booker,

And little did he know,

the headset that he owns will trap him in the game he tryhards the most.

1119 words

not edited; never will probably-