Chapter 9 - Mike?

< Nobody's P.O.V >
'It's all my fault. Jeremy almost died because of me..' Mike thought to himself, in his house. He took another sip of his beer. That's what Mike usually did now. Drink. I guess you can say he became an alcoholic, now that Jeremy is in a coma. He's been in a coma for the past 3 weeks.
Mike is usually never sober because he doesn't want to remember Jeremy. He doesn't.
Jeremy is growing weaker and sadder without Mike, and he [ Mike ] doesn't even realize it.

Mike continued to drink his beer, then chug it. The phone rang. A sound Mike didn't hear in a while.
Mike placed down his empty beer bottle, then stumbled to the phone.
"Eh.. Hello?"
"Hello, is this Mike Schmidt? This is the Blood Everywhere Hospital."
Mike's eyes dulled as he grew scared and sad.
"Y-yes.."
"We have Jeremy Fitzgerald here. He's woke up from his.." the female paused for a moment and you could hear her flipping through papers, "..coma. He's ready to be picked up. Come as soon as you can, please, he's anxious to see you."
Then the line went dead.
Mike was excited, but he could barely show it. He stumbled to get his shoes and coat on. Then, Mike got a cab (don't drive drunk kids) and rushed to the hospital. As he stumbled in, he slurred "Jeremeh.." And walked to Jeremy's room.
"H-hey Jeremy.." Mike said, obviously drunk. He was blushing a lot.
"Oh, h-hey Mike!" Jeremy said, nervously.
"Jeremeh.. Did you know that *hic* you are my *hic* very best friend?" Mike went very close to Jeremy's face. Jeremy blushed and smelt the alcohol in Mike's breath.
"M-Mike..? Are y-you okay?"
"Mmhm." Mike giggled.
Jeremy didn't know how to feel about this. He didn't know that Mike became an alcoholic.
"Come on, let's *hic* go home!"

{ Time Skip to Home }
{ Time Skip 1 1/2 Hours Later }
Jeremy laid on the couch, resting his legs that where wrapped in casts.
Beer bottles where spread throughout the house. Jeremy started to become worried that he was doing this for the past weeks.
"Jeremy.." Mike said, sitting next to Jeremy. Mike was looking down at Jeremy, who was leaning on Mike so he can lay down. Jeremy blushed when he was Mike so close to his face. Mike was blushing, too, but it was normal when he was drunk.
"Did you know.." Jeremy was prepared. He heard make say a whole bunch of "did you know" stuff. One being that there is more fake flamingos then real ones.
"That I love you~?"
Was.
Not.
Prepared.
"What?!" Jeremy blushed extremely.
Mike giggled, "Aw~! You are so cute when you blush!"
'He's drunk. He doesn't mean it. He doesn't mean it. He's drunk.' Jeremy said, over and over again.
Mike's smile dulled into a frown. "I thought it would be different with you here.. But, I guess not." Mike started to walk to his bedroom.
Jeremy's heart sank. "Wait, Mike! Please come here!"
Mike stopped and walked back.
Jeremy paused for a moment. Mike's and Jeremy's eyes stared into one another's like a trace. Jeremy blushed. He was going to do it.
Jeremy leaned in and kissed Mike on the lips.
'If only you weren't drunk..' Jeremy thought to himself.