18. Violet monster

"I guess my nature is gay. My first sex partner was a man. I mean I love women, they're amazing but when I'm not focused enough or not cautious enough I always prefer men." I was speaking with the glass, why was I so honest when Jeno could use it against me.

Maybe I wished he'd spill his secrets as easily.

"Did you have a crush on your best friend?" Asked Jeno.

"No, I hate him. I really do. He's vain and cold-hearted and a pig. But guess he's handsome and great in bed." The blushes on my face deepened. "But I've never did it again, I was totally drunk when it happened, the sober me would never... I mean, at least not with him."

"You're funny." Jeno tapped my shoulder.

"Why funny."

"You're still a bit like a teenage boy who's afraid to take what he really wants in life."

"My best friend is straight."

"If he's so straight why did he have sex with you." Jeno laughed.

I don't freaking know. Would you like to have sex, shouted my mind, but of course I stayed quiet.

"Let's go back, Ellie is waiting." Muttered Jeno standing up.

I followed on wobbly legs giving him the keys to Space Beyond. The ocean was slowly becoming dark blue in the falling twilight. I suddenly felt a wince in my insides, not connected with anything specific, maybe some blurry memory of the child me running along The Lagoon. There was a buzz in my pocket so I reached for my phone to see a new message from Hendery 'My birthday party starts tomorrow. Vigo Village is all booked. Reserve the evening.'

If you set off for a journey there's also a risk of losing yourself on the way. The patio was filled with the sound of a sprinkling fountain. Jeno was napping against a sculpture of a nymph with a golden comb. How exhausted had this man be to fall asleep here?

I nudged his arm a bit. Jeno jumped up like stung.

"It's just me. Brought you coffee."

"Thanks but I prefer hot chocolate." He rubbed the backside of his neck awkwardly.

"Ah, will note it for next time." I handed the cup to him taking place on the stone wall of the fountains.

"Doctor Dejun said there is some slight progress. It was the first day when Ellie was able to walk to the bathroom on her own legs." Jeno smiled in a faint way.

"I've told you there's hope."

"Only you made it possible. Thank you." Jeno looked me in the eyes with such genuine kindness I needed to look away.

"I'm happy I could do something for you and for her."

There was some tingling on my skin, I just wished to stretch my hand out and caress that tattoo, but of course it wasn't possible.

"I'll leave soon have to be at a party tonight. It's my best friend's birthday."

"That best friend's?" Jeno raised his brow.

"Stop! Ok! This will never happen again." My face was burning.

"Why not? I mean everyone needs some good sex from time to time." Jeno chuckled when the perspective of him doing it with someone filled me with jealousy I've never experienced before.
"Have fun mate." Jeno tapped my shoulder getting up walking towards the patio door when I wished to tell him how badly I needed him to be with me.

Who had he been lying down, definitely some women. Maybe the truth was I have never had any chances with Jeno so I should actually focus on Thee-San.

The afternoon was crawling, Jeno's words couldn't leave my mind like all the past emotions they have awakened. That night with Hendery from four years ago suddenly couldn't leave my mind, but I his image was suddenly switching to Jeno in that scene. To focus on other things I was sitting next to Ellie's bed helping her to complete a puzzle on a board frame Lucas had bought for her. The picture had colorful birds so I believed my bodyguard had put extra effort into choosing it, he had a soft spot for Ellie like Jeno, me, Dejun. I chuckled. Ellie was drawing us all in with her powerful magic.

"Uncle Jaemin can I tell you a secret." She looked up at me.

Lora and Tedy were sitting on the duvet watching our work.

"Sure I can keep secrets." I caressed over her hair.

"This morning was a strange day."

"Why strange."

"It didn't hurt." She pointed at her side.

"Really?" My heart began to speed up.

"You know, a big ugly violet space monster has hidden a treasure in there and when it thinks about the treasure it moves and start to hurt. It is thinking about the treasure a lot, but today it forgot. I'm happy it did." She leaned against the pillows as if exhausted after a very long race. "I think uncle Dejun has special superpowers to keep the monster away. The monsters are afraid of uncle Dejun."

I was watching her extra tired face playing with her hair strings thinking heavily.

"Why do you think there's a monster's treasure in there? How did... how has it happened?" I risked to ask.

 how has it happened?" I risked to ask

Thank you so much for your feedback. Did you like the story so far? What do you think about Jeno telling Jaemin all those things? What Ellie tell?

Much <3