49. The love of my life

"Oh it's you." Dejun fixed his glasses.

There had been deep shadows underneath his eyes.

I stopped to breath watching him.

"Me and Haechan had had a sleepless night. You really have the nerve to wait for so long with something like this." Denjun sighed.

"Is she?" My whole body was trembling.

"Go inside and check." Dejun couldn't help but chuckle.

I passed him hurrying to the door.

"Jaemin, thank you for believing in my project." Dejun sent me a tired smile so I just nodded pressing the door knob walking inside to see Jeno kneeling on the floor using some crayons to help Ellie draw a picture of a huge blue bird.

He looked up, his dark eyes falling on me when I forgot the whole world.

"Hi. Jeno. Ellie."

"Who is it Dad?" Asked Ellie pulling on Jeno's sleeve.

I've noticed she has been much smaller than the last time I have seen her.

Jeno wasn't listening to her though looking at me with glittering eyes.

"The love of my life." He whispered jumping up running to me to slam his lips on mine in a deep kiss.

I was so stunned I was just there allowing him to do whatever he liked to my lips.

We were like fixed, like spellbound when he pulled back caressing over my neck.

"I love you." He simply whispered cuddling our noses together, my heart beating in one million different rhythms.

"That is uncle Jaemin." Said Jeno  to Ellie who was watching us with widely opened eyes.

"Hi uncle Jaemin." She waved Lora's paw my way.

"Hi my Blue Bird." I walked towards her kneeling down on the floor. "How do you feel."

"Fine uncle. This new house is very big." She looked over the room. "But the bed is strange."

"This is just a temporary room, today we will move to the new house."

"Ok." She shrugged leaning above the drawing concentrating on it.

Jeno crouched down next to me squeezing my palm.

We didn't need words. Even if Ellie was suddenly a whole baby again she looked perfectly healthy.

"I'll be right back I need to speak to Dejun." I pecked Jeno's lips before getting up.

Some happy songs were playing in my heart all the way to his office. I knocked lightly before sticking my head inside.

"Come in." Dejun was leaning against the chair probably trying to take a short nap.

"So what happened last night?" I took a wooden chair opposite to his desk.

"Ellie was almost gone. There was blood coming from her insides, I was... I felt so helpless and lost when my assistant came in to tell me the engine has landed on the platform. I had no more time so I just disconnected the IV bag took her in my arms and ran. We proceeded on the platform, there was no second to lose. Haechan has helped me a lot, he's a great guy. Good that you have sent him my papers he knew exactly what to do. We connected Ellie's body to the engine then switched on full power. I have never seen anything like that. Her body was formless then endless, then thin like a light ray and wide as the Moon, each cell resenting itself in space and time, until it left on the other side of the engine. She was a girl again, two years younger but alive. Where's Dad? Where her first words then she just started to cry, wanted to run away but I caught her, asked her to calm down. We brought her back to the clinic, started a speed MRI test. The computer showed there are no traces of cancer left in her body. She might be a little bit different though at times. Different from all humans, but biologically speaking she's a healthy child, can go out an play. Mathematically speaking she's three years old now but some memories of her five year old self might return from time to time. She is a bit split between two continuums, mighty possess abilities we will never understand so I will keep an eye on her just in case. Me and Haechan decided this technology has to be kept secret though, as in the wrong hands it might be frightening and there are a lot of people who would do anything for powers like that, for a piece of immortality. Some would reverse their lives a dozen of times." Dejun looked at me seriously.

"People like Hendery." I muttered.

"Yes people like Hendery can never find out what we have achieved here tonight. If you agree I will study the mater of that ability of the string engine further but not on human trials now. I'm firstly a doctor then a science lover so the well-being of my patients is my priority, but Ellie had to be saved for the sake of us all, for your sanity and Jeno's peaceful mind. I don't know why but there's something special about that girl that so many people are doing so many things for her." Dejun laughed.

"She is indeed special. A real Blue Bird." I muttered.

"Right a little bit unreal."

"An eleven dimensional girl is definitely a bit unreal."

We both chuckled and for the first time I actually like Xiao Dejun a tiny bit more.

"I will be going yes and hope to see you at my wedding." I got up from the chair.

"You're getting married?" Dejun raised his brow.

"I haven't proposed yet but I'm assuming Jeno will say yes."

Dejun laughed shaking his head.

"Ok, count me as your guest."

Thank you so much for your support

Thank you so much for your support. I can't believe the next chapter will be the last. So what do you think about Dejun saving Ellie and Jeno's words?

Much <3