-4.8h

🕊️

Lily Harley knew her mom absolutely hated broccoli. So, she couldn't understand why her mother was stuffing her mouth with them like it was her favourite food. "Mom? What's going on? You hate broccoli."

Amanda Harley looked up in surprise at her daughters words. She didn't know how she was supposed to explain this, so she just laughed instead, a small smile lighting up her face.

Lily gave her dad a confused look. Her mom wasn't the type to suddenly get a craving for food. Even her dad knew that. But Eric just laughed, putting a hand on his wife's back.

"You both are acting so weird. What's going on? And mom why are you eating so much? You're going to get so much fatter," Lily pointed out bluntly, pointing towards Amanda's swelling stomach.

"Pfft." Both adults tried to keep their laughter in, but alas, they failed and began to guffaw hysterically, leaving a very very confused Lily at the dining table, trying figure out the reason for her parents' sudden bursts of laughter.

"We'll explain when you get back home from school today, okay? We've got a little surprise for you," Amanda said, smiling and rubbing her belly.

Lily made a face, groaning. "But I don't want to go to school! I told you, mom! I have a fever!"

"No, you don't, Lily. I already checked your temperature and you're fine! Stop making excuses to skip school," Her mother berated, arms akimbo. There was no getting away with lies when it came to a mother's senses.

"But I still don't want to go! Please don't make me go! I hate school."

"You're going to school and that's final. Got it?"

"But mom! I don't wanna-"

"Lily." Amanda's tone was fierce. Lily sighed, a small scowl on her lips. There was no talking back now. She groaned, looking down in disappointment as she slightly nodded her head.

"Good. Now, quickly eat your breakfast and go to school! And hurry up and come back home after school, okay? The surprise is still waiting for you," Amanda continued, her face immediately switching to one of excitement.

It was only natural, of course. Introducing a new addition to the family was always exciting.

With that, Lily finished her breakfast, her facial expressions an embodiment of reluctance and anger, and as her dad drove her to school, she wondered what possibly could be that 'surprise' her mom was so excited about.

🕊️