십칠-Chapter 17

I had always loved going to band concerts

I had always loved going to band concerts. If I wasn't performing on the stage, then I wanted to listen to the people playing. I loved how different musicians would interpret music. Multiple groups could play the same song, but it could sound completely different each time. That was the beauty of music.

When I entered the lobby, it was being filled with families and loved ones. I felt a pang in my heart when I thought of my dad and grandma not being here to watch. I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around, I was immediately engulfed in a hug by a short blonde man, "You did great!" Jimin cheered.

"Hi, Jimin," I said, laughing as he pulled away. I looked behind him and saw six other men smiling at me—each one dressed up nicely in slacks and button-ups with beautiful flowers in each of their hands. I meet Bun's eyes, and I realize he's holding his phone up. I give him a questionable look as he moves closer to me. He bends down and I feel his cheek flush with mine as the two figures on screen become recognizable.

"Hi, sweetie! You did great!"

I watch as my dad gives me a thumbs up, a smile plastered on both of their faces. I feel tears prick in my eyes and I wave at my small little family back in the States, "Hi! How are you guys?" I asked.

"We're doing better now that we got to see your performance!" My grandma stated.

"I didn't know you guys would be watching."

"Well, Bun called me earlier today. He asked if we wanted to watch. I did have to wake up a few hours before my alarm but it was worth it. You did great, sweetie. I am so proud of you," my dad said, smiling widely, "We'll go so you can enjoy your time there. We love you! Talk soon!"

Bun hangs up the call and I turn to wrap my arms around him. I bury my face in his chest and try not to cry. I feel him chuckle and he pulls back from me, wiping a stray tear off my cheek, "they still haven't missed a performance," Bun said.

"Thank you, Bun," I said, right before I was pulled back from his arms and into another pair.

"You can't hog her to yourself all night, Jungkook."

I look over my shoulder and see Jin and Taehyung with open arms. I laugh as they hug me and hand me the small bouquet of yellow roses each of them hand in their hands, "You guys didn't have to each give me flowers. One would have been enough," I laughed.

"Tae and I were the only ones who could decide on the same color. So we each had to get our own," Jin said, patting my head, "You did great, kid. You were captivating up there."

I feel my cheeks flare up at the compliment and I thank both of them again before my attention turns to Hoseok and Namjoon. They both gave me quick hugs and handed me more roses, one bouquet of white and one pink. I thank them and they smile beautifully at me. I finally reach the last man in our group and he gives me a small smile, handing me ivory roses. "I asked what kind of roses meant that you cared and the florist told me ivory roses. I thought it was perfect since we both love the instrument that adorns ivory keys."