Chapter Four

In the outskirts of the small village of calth, in a small hut a family of three sat eating. It was quite far too quiet. There was awkward silence in the air. The three of them sat in silence only eating, which  was unusual for them. The young boy Enzo tried to break the awkward silence but as he expected the room stayed silent.

The young boy sighed in disappointment and decided to stay silent, the same as both his parents.

The young boy had a hard time eating the stew as it has been cooked astonishingly bad, due his month being with a child, She can't cook so his father has taken it upon himself to cook and his skills in the arts of culinary were awful. He knew however it's just that he was looking after his mother which made the food taste a little better.

He tried his best to eat the food and hide his it's poor taste from his father. His father Ned glanced and noticed his son's disapproval for the stew he had cooked. He sighed and was going to speak but suddenly a knock at the door grabbed his attention and the attention of the others as well.

It was night time and the sun had set along time ago. Both Enzo and his mother were shocked and frightened.
"It is night time, who would come at this time of hour?" A hint of fear followed her voice.

"I will go take a look." Ned said

Ned stood up from the seat and walked towards his wife Nara. He helped her stand up gently. Enzo also stood up.

"Enzo go take you mother and hide behind that wall" he pointed to a small wall that separated the dining table and the bedroom. He spoke in a firm and commanding voice.

A second knock on the door was heard, this one louder than the one before it.

Nara took Enzo's hand and they walked over to the wall quickly. Panic ensued between them.
Ned grabbed his sword that he rarely ever uses.

He walked over the door trying his best to stay calm, he tried thinking logically hoping it was just someone asking for directions or a kid asking for food. He gripped the hilt of his sword tightly "who is it?"

"It's me dale, open up" the voice behind door spoke

It was as if the weight of mountains had been pushed off his shoulders. He took a breath in relief. He put the sword on a table. He looked behind him "it's only dale" he said casually.

The once tense heavy atmosphere in the room is gone and is replaced by one of carefreeness and ease.

Both Enzo and his mother feel relaxation and comfort. They make their way both to the table

"send him my greeting" she gives him an empty smile.

While Nara sits down to finish eating the food, Enzo excitedly walks towards his father, his face bearing a smile "can I get talk to him father?"

"No you stay inside" he said sternly

"Why-"

Before Enzo can finish talking, he cuts him off, he continues to speak in firm tone "I don't want you to get sick"

Enzo eyes look down at the ground in disappointment, he goes towards the table slowly clearly upset at the decision of his father.

Ned opens the door and walks out the door and closes it discreetly. While Ned has been outside talking to dale.

Nara gives Enzo a warm smile "Your father is just trying to look out for you" she placed her hand on his trying to reassure him.

"I know, he just sometimes treats me like an adult but sometimes treat like a child"

"It's because in our eyes you will always be children, even if you grow old and have a family of your own, me and your father will always see you as our little adorable Enzo" she ruffled his hair in a playful manner.