Chapter Five

It was the following day in the village of Calth. Enzo struggled to get out of his bed. He lazily opened his eyes, it took a couple of moments for his eyes to adjust to his surroundings. He took a glance next to him as he saw the bed of his parents was empty which was a rare sight to see. He was the one usually woke up first or second after his father.

He got up from his bed to quickly see where his parents were. Their small home was noiseless. He walked towards the door. He was worried and concerned that neither of his parents were home. It was dawn time. The sun started its daily journey of climbing the sky, it rose in the sky shining its golden rays to the land.

He reluctantly opened the door but much to his good fortune all of his worried thoughts were gone and replaced with happy and warm thoughts. Both of his parents were in front of the enjoying breakfast which was als uncommon, they only do this for special occasions needless to say Enzo walked towards his parents.

Both Ned and Nara glance at the dark haired boy "Good morning Enzo" his mother gives him her usual warm and welcoming smile
The boy looked at them unimpressed "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Nara finished the food in his mouth before his son's question "We didn't want to disturb your sleeping, you looked so peaceful"

"Yea but I would be more peaceful eating with you guys" the boy's tone still unimpressed

"Well, we just started. Come here" his mom gestured to come.

Enzo he sprinted towards them full excitement. The food was simple; it consisted of a few Berries,nuts and a loaf of bread. To Enzo it felt much more expensive and luxurious.

The meal was much different than the one yesterday; it was much brighter and less quiet than the one from yesterday which was silent and dull. They ate in harmony, they began talking a great deal of things, Enzo began asking his father questions about Calth and his mother also chimed in telling embarrassing stories of how they met, which caused Enzo to erupt into laughter.

After finishing eating their food Enzo got to help clean the plates. He volunteered because he knows his mother must get all the rest she can because she might give birth very soon.
After cleaning the plates he sees his mother resting on a chair of the dining table reading a book. "I will go help father"

She looked at the boy breaking her attention from reading her book "Be careful out there" she gave a smile before focusing her attention at the book in her hands.
With that Enzo leaves the house exiting by the main door. As he exits the house he sees his father walking towards the house

Ned holds his sheathed sword in his hand "Enzo I was just coming to get you"
Enzo looks at the sword his father was holding "What is it father?" He asks

Ned sees the confusion that made it's self apparent on his son's face. He spoke in a hurried tone "Come on let's go train"

"But Father-"

"I know your mother was mad yesterday but what if we had just trained for a little." The tone in his voice began to take a serious turn
"You wanted to be like Aldo? Aldo trained a lot to become a hero"

"Yea I want-"

Ned again cuts his son off again "let's go" he walks toward the woods that was west of their house. Enzo took a deep breath and followed his father. As they walked deep in the woods, Enzo remembered all the memories he spent inside the woods, he used to spend a great deal of time in the woods running,interacting with other animals and among other things.

As they approach Ned kneels down grabbing a large stick that was on the ground, it must have been at least a two feet long. He picked up the wooden stick and held it with his other hand, the one that was not holding the sword.