Chapter 6

As I'm running I see two people running one with white and another with black. They get onto a large boulder and I tackle them. I grab them and they try to escape.

"Boys I suggest you stop struggling against me or I'll feed you to the wolves."

They stop and I look down at the wolves, they're snapping their jaws at them. Carlisle and the family come through an old path and they look over at us.

"Vladimir, Stefan you're a long way from home."

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you, but that you would not stand alone."

"We didn't do what we were accused of."

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle."

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged."

I let go of them and step towards my family, Vladimir grabs my arm so I look at him.

"I highly suggest you let go of me"

"And why's that"

My eyes change and I smile up at him.

"Because I can kill you in one bite"

They both look at me frighten, he lets go of my arm.

"I'm one of the original hybrids, don't get on my bad side."

They look back at Carlisle and they continue the conversation.

"It is not our plan to fight the Volturi."

"Shame, Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed."

"They enjoy a good fight."

Eleazar steps closer to Carlisle and he turns to him.

"Aro's witnesses"

The Russian vampires laugh and we all turn back to look at them.

"Oh, still hoping they'll listen?"

I am between the two covens and I look at Bella and Edward. We all decide to go back to the house, it's getting dark anyway.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime."

Bella looks down but speaks to me anyway.

"So he's done this before?"

I go to speak but Eleazar talks up first, we all desire to listen.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern."

Carlisle and I start to talk to the groups of people surrounding us.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repenting."

"This person always has an ability, and always given a place with the guard."

We all get quiet until Bella decides to look at Edward and talk.

"This is all about Alice, he has no one like her."

"Which is why she left!"

Emmett moves closer to me and he grabs my hand. I smile and look over at the group while he talks to Alistair.

"But why does he need witnesses?"

"To spread the word that justice has been served, after he slaughters an entire coven."

Amun looks at the young children and starts to walk towards the door. He turns to the children and talks to them.

"Benjamin and Tia, we're leaving."

I let go of Emmetts hand and I step in front of the older vampire. He looks at me and frowns, he thinks I'm going to do something.

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift, anyone they want. They're goal isn't punishment, it's about power, it's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family, but also for yours, and for the way you wanna live."

Everyone is silence as the vampires look at each other, then Jacob stands up and looks at us.

"The packs will fight, we've never been afraid of vampires."

The Denali coven stands up and turns to face us.

"We will fight."

Garrett walks over to me and smiles, he gives me a side hug and laughs.

"This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule."

Benjamin and Tia stand up and agree with us.

"We'll join you."

The older vampire turns to his children and frowns, he disagrees with them.

"No!"

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please."

The Amazon warriors and the Irish family stand up together.

"We will stand with you."

"So will we."

Soon all of the other vampire start to step forward, I smile and look around. I hear Vladimir speak to his brother.

"That didn't take much."

I look at everyone and they bow their heads I step towards the group.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

"We'll see."
————————————————————————
Most of us are still in the living room, others are hunting. Edward and I try to talk to everyone.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first, because I can anticipate their moves."

"Too bad we don't all have your shield, or Alex's ultimate immortality and shifting."

Bella turns and looks over at Garrett when he says that.

"Doesn't help me fight though."

"No, but it could help the rest of us if you could project it."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean shield someone other than yourself."

"Is that possible?"

"Gifts can be developed, over time."

Everyone turns to Kate as she speaks up.

"At first mine was just in my palms, now I can radiate it all over my body."

"How do you do it?"

Bella reaches over to Kate's hand, a little too hard. Kate looks at her and I smile.

"Tell me."

"Ow!"

I look over at Carlisle and rush outside, everyone seems to follow.

"You need to visualize it. See how it moves, what color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you."

"Bella tries but only manages to bring up her shield for moment"

"I think she needs something to motivate her."

Edward steps forward and I growl at him.

"No."

"It's alright, I can take it."

I laugh and he looks at me. He steps closer to Kate.

"He says that now."