Chapter 9

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us."

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools."

Carlisle goes to speak up and I frown, he yells a little louder.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. You can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!"

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your new-born mate, I assume you are involved."

Edward looks at Bella then makes his way towards Aro, as Bella watches Edward walk towards Aro I can tell she's using her powers to shield Edward. He reaches Aro he extends his hand, Aro takes it and uses his power to read his thoughts and realizes that Renesmee is not an immortal child

"I'd like to meet her."

Edward turns and looks at Bella and Renesmee, then Bella, Renesmee, Jacob, joined by Emmett walk towards Aro.

"Ah, young Bella. Immortality becomes you."

Aro smiles and then shrieks with laughter as he hears Renesmee's heart beating.

"I hear her strange heart."

Aro holds out his hand and Renesmee walks closer to him

"Hello, Aro."

"Renesmee then touches Aro's cheek, using her powers on him, Aro becomes transfixed by what she shows him"

"Magnifico."

He turns to his army and I step forward a bit.

"Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this new-born, while she was still human."

Aro turns and looks at Bella, Elijah grabs my hand.

"Impossible!"

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?"

Bella, Edward and Renesmee walk back to join the others.

"Bring the informant forward."

Irina is brought towards Caius and Aro.

"Is that the child you saw?"

"I'm not sure."

"Jane?"

"She's changed! This child is bigger."

"Then your allegations were false."

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake."

She looking towards her family and frowns, I want to help her.

"I'm sorry."

Edward sees that Irina is about to execute, so do I.

"Caius, no!"

Felix then steps forward and hits Irina and snaps her head off.

"IRINA!!!!!!!"

Caius then sets fire to the rest of Irina's body, Kate and Tanya scream and run towards Aro and his army, Garrett gets hold of Kate, she uses her power to electrocute him, I turn to
Zafrina.

"Blind them. NOW"

She uses her power to blind Kate and Tanya, stopping them from attacking

"We must attack!"

"Tanya, this is what they want. If you attack now, then we'll all die."

I look back at Zafrina and she stops blinding Kate and Tanya. She and Kate stop their attack on Aro and his army, Jane looks at Edward.

"Pain."

she uses her power to bring Edward down in pain, but Bella manages to use her power to shield Edward, he gets up and walks towards Bella.

"It's working."

Bella smiles as Jane realizes her powers are useless against her shield, then Alec steps forward and tries to use his deadly vapor but Aro stops him.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here."

"Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger?"

He turns back to his army, I glare and step forward.

"For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable, and we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die... tomorrow."

"STOP"

I step forward and I see them flinch back. My family joins me and we stand together.

"My family has came to be witness to this false accusation. I founded the volturi and I chose to have you listen. My brother and I are hybrids, we can transform at will. That child is vampire and human. She is of no danger to us or to you."

Aro steps closer to us, I growl.

"Alex it has been to many years, you have grown up well. You take stand against us? My dear I choose to believe you. However, that child you call your own. How will she come to grow, will she be like you or will she pose a threat to the vampire kind."

Elijah and Klaus step forward, my brother sheilds me.

"She will grow to be powerful, like her mother but kind like her father. She will pose no threat to you or our family. Renesmee is safe, she is able to grow and she has shown no sign of barbaric behavior."

Just then I feel him, he and Alice walks out. He steps closer to us and I smile. Jasper steps over to me and I hug him. Me and him walk behind Alice over to aro. A few guard members try to put their hands on us. I growl and push them back as we walk to him.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here after all."

"I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind."

Aro looks at her with suspicion, she steps towards him.

"Let me show you."

Alice extends her hand, Aro motions for her to come forward. We walk beside them.

"Brother."

Alice walks up to Aro and he takes hold of her hand, I grab onto her wrist so I can see what happen. Aro reads her thought Alice realizes that Aro won't change his mind.
———————————————————————
Hey guys so this chapter is a little short, I want to do the battle in one chapter. The next chapter will be the entire battle.