Chapter Two

It was now day two of Kasen's arrival and Hitomi had previously explained all of his duties and their main objective to the man over dinner the night before.

Now it was a new day and the trio stood in front of the citadel as per Hitomi's request to meet there.

"Now, as for our first order of business..." Hitomi started as she looked around at the citadel with Kasen and Konnosuke beside her.

"Cleaning" she finished.

Hitomi had to admit, although she was trained in all kinds of things, she had never been one for domestic chores. She excelled in battling, but when it came to things such as cooking and cleaning it was as if she were a baby trying to take it's first steps.

'It's just cleaning, I've done this before' Hitomi thought to herself in an attempt to encourage herself. However, Hitomi didn't realize how many obstacles she would encounter along the way.

Such as the laundry.

"Uh...Aruji....you're folding those wrong" Kasen said slowly.

It had pained Kasen to watch Hitomi for so long. He didn't want to tell the focused girl but if he let her continue then that would mean he would most likely end up having to refold all of those sheets later himself.

"Oh? My apologies, let me try again" Hitomi said as she unraveled the fold from it's previous ball shape. Each time she would fold the sheets, they would somehow end up in the form of a ball and Kasen was unsure of how this was possible.

"Here, let me show you..." Kasen said and grabbed a dry, clean sheet before folding it properly and neatly. When he looked up, he sweat dropped at the look of admiration that was clearly shining on Hitomi's face.

Konnosuke, who was off to the side watching, couldn't help but snicker at her master's mistakes. It was surely weird to see Hitomi messing up as she looked to be like someone who could do anything. Though that made it all the more amusing to watch.

"You are truly skilled at this, Kanesada-san. Please, help me improve upon my skills" Hitomi said sitting on her knees and bowing down to the floor. Kasen began to panic a little as he frantically waved his hands around pleading Hitomi to stop bowing.

How could he have his master bowing to him? Such a thing was not normal.

"I'm sorry, that is just how I express my gratitude" Hitomi said noticing the frantic look on Kasen's face. Kasen just nervously laughed a bit before shaking his head.

"I-It's alright, it's just that you're the Aruji, you shouldn't be bowing to me" Kasen said with a shake of his head.

"I see, I will take that into consideration. My apologies for making you uncomfortable" Hitomi said with a nod.

"It's alright, haha" Kaden said, waving it off.

"Now, let's continue" Kasen said and Hitomi nodded.

After the two finished, they headed over to the stalls to check on the horses. Stall duty was also something Hitomi seemed to experience trouble with.

"These are beautiful horses" Hitomi stated as she neared the stalls with Kasen and Konnosuke.

"Yeah, they seem really friendly" Kasen said as he stroked the mane of one of the horses.

Hitomi's eye shined with amazement as she got closer to the majestic horse but, the horse began to become unsettled and moved around to get away from Hitomi.

"Oh....." Hitomi trailed off sadly and a depressing aura began to surround her to which Konnosuke tried to quickly change.

"Uh, that one's probably just shy that's all! Here, try meeting this girl here" Konnosuke said leading Hitomi over to another horse. As Hitomi got closer, the horse repeated the same actions as the other one.

The depressing aura returned and Hitomi sighed.

"It's alright, I didn't exactly expect to be well liked by animals anyways" Hitomi said.

Kasen and Konnosuke both gained confused expressions at the new information.

"Why do you say that?" Kasen asked and Hitomi shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Animals have never liked me for some reason" both Kasen and Konnosuke paused at the information.

"I...see..." They said trailing off.

"I suppose I'll go see if there's anything else that needs to be done..." Hitomi muttered before heading off.

Konnosuke and Kasen looked to each other before silently agreeing that it would be best if they followed their master to make sure that she didn't find herself in any more chore trouble.

When Hitomi reached the empty field, she thought that she could plant some new plants. That didn't sound hard at all and she expected field work to be the easiest of tasks considering how often she found herself in the training fields.

If only she remembered that planting on a field and battling on one were two different things.

"Poor girl. She's trying her best but her efforts continue to backfire on her" Konnosuke said and Kasen sighed.

"I'm sure she'll get this one down for sure. It's too easy for her to mess it up, you know?" He said and Konnosuke chuckled with a nod.

The two didn't realize just how wrong they were.

Hitomi frowned as she looked at the pile of dirt that she had planted a seed in. Well, what was a pile of dirt is now a mud pie.

"I don't understand what is wrong? I only watered it and yet it looks...weird" Hitomi asked as she continued to look down at the mud pie.

"You put too much water, Aruji" Kasen explained.

"My apologies. It just seemed that they didn't have enough water so I decided to give them some more and I think it was a bit too much?" Hitomi said and Konnosuke was quick to speak up when seeing Hitomi's disheartened look.

"It's okay! Let's try it again!" Konnosuke said and Kasen nodded.

"I am sure you'll get it next time" Kasen said and Hitomi looked between the two of them with a smile.

"Thank you for understanding, and once again, I apologize for my mistakes" Hitomi said.

After trying again, this time with the guidance of Kasen and Konnosuke, they had all managed to fill the field with new plants.

After the three cleaned the dirt off of themselves, the trio met back up in the kitchen.

"Aruji, I take it you have no skills in the kitchen either, am I correct?" Konnosuke said. Dinner last night had been prepared by Kasen as he insisted that he did so despite Hitomi's protests.

"I'm afraid not...." Hitomi trailed off.

'I guess all I'm really good for is fighting' Hitomi thought to herself with a sigh.

Kasen and Konnosuke just looked at the sulking Hitomi and knew that having to teach Hitomi the correct ways to do chores was not going to be an easy task.

But she was their Aruji, so of course they want to help her get better!