8. The prosthetic eye.

"Promise yourself. No matter how hard it gets, you'll never give up on your dreams"

 No matter how hard it gets, you'll never give up on your dreams"

---

Flashback start...

Grace rang the bell telling that dinner was ready. Maddie and the others rushed out of their rooms and towards the stairs.

"Maddie, wait" someone said causing her to stop and turn around to see Five running up to her. "I want to ask you about something" he said "What?" she asked "Are you doing anything tonight?" he asked "No, not really, why?" she asked "Because I know a nice café, so I was thinking if you wanna go with me, just the two of us alone, talking about stuff and---"

"Five, are you asking me out on a date?" Maddie asked, cutting him off "Yeah" he said nervous and Maddie let out a small chuckled "So what do you say, do you wanna go on a date with me?" he asked "I would love to" she said and he smiled "Great. Then tonight when everyone is asleep. Meet me in my room and I will take us to a nice Cafè" he said "Sound wonderful, I will ask Freddy to cover for us. Can't wait" she said and Five smiled "I can't wait either" he said before they smiled to each other.

They walked into the living room with the others and they all walked over to stand behind their seat while the gramophone was playing Herr Carlson speaking.

Then Reginald walked into the living room. He walked over to his chair at the end of the table and sat down "Sit" he ordered and the kids sat down before they started eating.

There was totally silence, since one of Reginald 's rules was no talking during mealtimes.

Luther and Allison was smiling at each other across from the table. Klaus was sitting next to Allison, preparing a cigarette under the table. Diego was sitting next to Luther twirled with his knife under the table while Five was sitting next to Diego with Maddie sitting on his right while Ben was sitting next to Klaus, reading a book, barely paying any attention to his food.

Freddy was sitting next to Ben, across Maddie and next to Vanya who was silently sitting at the end of the table eating her food.

Five wasn't eating, he was staring at their dad with an angry look.

Five looked at Maddie who shook her head, she knew what he was about to do, he want to time travel but Reginald told him no and that he wasn't ready.

Without breaking eye contact with their father, Five grabbed his knife, holding it tight, before he stabbed the knife in the table making a loud clangs causing everyone to look up with horrified stare.

"Number Five?" Reginald asked "I have a question" Five said bitterly as he let go of the knife that was still stuck to the table.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson" Reginald said.