4

Yoongi woke up snuggled in white clean covers, to see the other side of the bed empty. He slowly sat up, stretching himself with a yawn before sleepily walking out of the room to look for Jungkook.

He found the ghost sitting straight up on the sofa, eyes glued to the tv screen where Iron Man was being played. Yoongi could feel a smile creeping up on his lips while he stood there, leaning on the doorframe just to watch the younger. It took a few minutes for Jungkook to notice him but when the kid did- "Hyung!", with a grin blooming on his face.

"Morning, watching movies so early? Didn't we watched it last night?"

Yoongi greeted, squinting at the screen which was now paused. Jungkook chuckled at his words, jumping up to float closer.

"You fell asleep! So I carried you to bed." Jungkook says, puffing out his chest proudly.

Yoongi made a small noise of acknowledgment, suddenly realizing that he didn't remember going to bed by himself. He sent a small smile to the ghost, patting his chest softly.

"Well, thanks. Sorry for that though... you could just leave me there next time."

Jungkook frowned, making a face like Yoongi just said that he killed his dog or something. "I can't do that, hyung! Come on, I made breakfast!"

The younger grabbed Yoongi's shoulders, turning him around to push him to the kitchen. Yoongi let himself be maneuvered easily, entering the kitchen to see a plate of toasted bread, scramble eggs, and some sausages. All of it was a little burnt but it still looked edible. Yoongi didn't have the heart to tell the other that he usually doesn't eat much in the morning when Jungkook has prepared all of it for him, even a small cup of steaming black coffee on the side. Yoongi turned back to look at the ghost who was fidgeting on his spot with round eager eyes, clearly waiting for a reaction.

"Bend down a bit," Yoongi beckoned.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at him but obediently lowered his head down for Yoongi to reach up and ruffle his hair fondly.

"Thanks, you did a good job."

The ghost instantly lit up at the praise, beaming so brightly and sat across from Yoongi to watch him eat it all. After that, Yoongi went on during his morning routine while Jungkook returned to his movie. Right before leaving for work, Yoongi popped in the living room, clutching his bag nervously.

"Jungkook?"

The younger hummed in response, one hand grabbing the remote to pause the movie.

"I got something for you."

"Really? Another one?" Jungkook stared at him with wide eyes, looking a bit hesitant. Yoongi didn't missed that, he suddenly curled in on himself, feeling uncertain.

"Um, if you don't want it-"

"What? No- I mean- I do want it hyung!" Jungkook rushed up to him, waving his hands around in panic. "I just- you know... you already gave me these movies and I... I'm really really grateful for that, hyung."

"Is that why you made breakfast for me?"

Yoongi peered up at him, feeling a bit better that Jungkook still wanted his gift.

"Yes, but- I wanted to do that, with or without the gifts. You're here to help me and you have other work too while I'm here doing nothing." Jungkook mumbled with his head down. Yoongi felt bad, seeing him like this, so different from his usual playful self. "I feel like I'm receiving so much from you and I can't return all of that... I don't like it.."

Yoongi sighed quietly, stepping forward to cup Jungkook's cheek with one hand and gently pushing his head up so they can see each other properly.

"Please don't think like that, ok? You can return the favor by not thinking of unnecessary things like that and focus on what you want to do. Cooking, cleaning, sleeping- anything. You do your best and I'll try to do that on my end too. Alright?"

Yoongi didn't know what he was saying, he certainly wasn't a man of wise words but he is trying to convey his feeling and comforting the other at the same time. It looked like it worked though, Jungkook looked like he was going to cry and slowly leaned in, wrapping Yoongi in a chilly hug, and pressing his face onto the older's neck.

Yoongi squirmed at the sudden coolness on his neck. The hug though, was kind of comforting, and Yoongi didn't even feel cold due to the sudden flustered feeling he was experiencing.

He cleared his throat, awkwardly patting the younger's back. "So.. do you still want my gift?"

"Of course, hyung." Jungkook mumbled into his neck, still not moving.

"Ok.. well, I have a Nintendo Switch for you."

"What!?" Jungkook literally shouted, startling Yoongi as he pulled away from the hug to stare at the half demon. "Hyung- are you kidding me? Please say that you're not."

Yoongi couldn't help but let out a soft giggle, shaking his head and finally pulling the switch out from his bag. Jungkook watched him with wide eyes and a gaping mouth, whispering a small 'wow' at the sight of it and suddenly hugging him again tightly.

This time, Yoongi swore he felt the small tinge of warmth hidden beneath the coldness.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐     ✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A week passed by with them living together.

Jungkook seemed to be more comfortable and really touchy with Yoongi. The older blushed furiously every time the ghost was too close or in an intimate position that he really wasn't used to. Jungkook was oblivious to the flustered florist, always having his own way of hugging and cuddling Yoongi without a word of complaint from the other.

Jungkook also got better at cooking, with Yoongi's help of little tips and tricks day by day. He prepared breakfast and dinner for the half demon everyday, except for the days Yoongi decided to stay in because of the lack of orders that were less than 5 bouquets.

Taehyung gets really sulky on those days that Yoongi stayed in. Demons can teleport to a lot of places but they couldn't really enter in a private place like a human's home so the messenger couldn't just appear in Jungkook's apartment. He bombarded Yoongi's phone with tons of texts and calls, whining to see Yoongi and meet the young ghost.

"Hyung please~ I'm really bored."

"Don't you have a job to do?" Yoongi sighed, stirring a small pot of stew with his phone squeezed between his ear and shoulder.

"I don't! I'm totally free today. Jin hyung has been nagging at me to check up on you too."

"Ok, fine! And don't come empty handed!"

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐     ✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

Word count : 1118 words

As always, thank you for reading and borahae to you all ! 🥺💜🥰